How Can The Universe Be 92 Light Years Wide?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Um...

92 BILLION light years.

Harte
Sure! I'm betting you didn't watch the video. It is believed that space itself is still expanding. At least according to measurements. Which is not constrained to the speed of light.

Harte

Sure! I'm betting you didn't watch the video. It is believed that space itself is still expanding. At least according to measurements. Which is not constrained to the speed of light.
Don't need to. Actually did a term paper about the cosmology of the expansion for an Astronomy class in college.

If anyone needs to know, just ask.
That is, if you're not on my ignore list.

Harte

Martian

Don't need to. Actually did a term paper about the cosmology of the expansion for an Astronomy class in college.

If anyone needs to know, just ask.
That is, if you're not on my ignore list.

Harte
Did your term paper include any experiments you conducted yourself, or were you taking someone else's word for it? These things matter.

Harte

Did your term paper include any experiments you conducted yourself, or were you taking someone else's word for it? These things matter.
No. It was just an astronomy elective. In the 70's, with no means of studying the expansion scientifically.

It was a righteous term paper though. :)

Harte

Martian

No. It was just an astronomy elective. In the 70's, with no means of studying the expansion scientifically.

It was a righteous term paper though. :)

Harte
hehe No worries. Hope you haven't ceased your pursuit of scientific matters. It's one of the most amazing sources of ... fun. :p :geek:

Harte

Don't get much chance to go any further than I've already been. I try to keep up by reading online. I'm probably 15-20 years behind where Cosmology is today.

I've read all the popular books and then some. After a certain point, you're just reading the same things over again.

Harte

Harte

My original response in this thread was about the title of the thread itself, not about the video.

Harte