How does one convert matter into energy?

I wish to make a device capable of opening portals and wormholes through time, but I found through calculations, to do such requires immense energy. And I was wondering, what could give me the energy. Mass. E=MC^2, meaning there is plenty of energy in one kilogram. So if anyone has an idea, please say. I can explain how mathematically and theoretically, one opens a wormhole. Thanks

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
It's always been an idea of mine that both matter and antimatter exist together but out of temporal phase with each other. When one exists the other is at zero intensity. That would indicate a temporal phase of 90 degrees. Alter the phase angles and anything is possible.

It's always been an idea of mine that both matter and antimatter exist together but out of temporal phase with each other. When one exists the other is at zero intensity. That would indicate a temporal phase of 90 degrees. Alter the phase angles and anything is possible.
How do I alter the temporal phase of say, a gas, to convert it into energy?

Through trial and error experimentation.
I don't know where to start with temporal fields. However, I learned that the portal method of mine is incorrect. So I have to redo calculations to see how much energy I need. My calculations showed I would need at least 1.6 gigajoules. Thank you for helping me, by the way

FarOutThere

I wish to make a device capable of opening portals and wormholes through time, but I found through calculations, to do such requires immense energy. And I was wondering, what could give me the energy. Mass. E=MC^2, meaning there is plenty of energy in one kilogram. So if anyone has an idea, please say. I can explain how mathematically and theoretically, one opens a wormhole. Thanks

Only extremely inefficient methods are defined by equations because the inner workings of the fields are not completely understood.

The amount of energy is not really the problem, expanding the components of the fields and managing them properly is. At that point the energy requirements won't be an issue.

Harte

Obviously, mass naturally converts itself into energy - they call it being radioactive.
But there are two ways to intentionally convert mass into energy.

An atom of an element weighs less than the sum of the weights of the protons and neutrons that make up that atom. For example, deuterium has a nucleus of one proton and one neutron. If you weigh the proton and the neutron and add those weights together, the result is greater than the weight of the deuterium nucleus.
In other words, even though they are the same thing, the masses don't come to the same number.

This difference in the two mass totals represents the energy binding the proton and neutron into a deuterium nucleus.
This mass is available as energy if you can separate the two nuclear particles. This mass difference, then, is the mass you would plug into the equation E=mc^2 to find out how much energy you can get.

Of course, this will blow up part of your city (and yourself) if you want to pretend you could contain that energy and use it for something else.

Otherwise, and even worse, the only way to convert mass to energy is to have that mass encounter an equal mass of antimatter, which would result in 100% of all mass in both masses being instantly converted into energy. With that one, you could blow a chunk out of the Earth.

But, by all means, give it a shot.

Harte

TimeFlipper

Obviously, mass naturally converts itself into energy - they call it being radioactive.
But there are two ways to intentionally convert mass into energy.

An atom of an element weighs less than the sum of the weights of the protons and neutrons that make up that atom. For example, deuterium has a nucleus of one proton and one neutron. If you weigh the proton and the neutron and add those weights together, the result is greater than the weight of the deuterium nucleus.
In other words, even though they are the same thing, the masses don't come to the same number.

This difference in the two mass totals represents the energy binding the proton and neutron into a deuterium nucleus.
This mass is available as energy if you can separate the two nuclear particles. This mass difference, then, is the mass you would plug into the equation E=mc^2 to find out how much energy you can get.

Of course, this will blow up part of your city (and yourself) if you want to pretend you could contain that energy and use it for something else.

Otherwise, and even worse, the only way to convert mass to energy is to have that mass encounter an equal mass of antimatter, which would result in 100% of all mass in both masses being instantly converted into energy. With that one, you could blow a chunk out of the Earth.

But, by all means, give it a shot.

Harte

Thanks Hartey for reminding me of The Heroes of Telemark...After mentioning Deuterium..

For our Paranormalis Members....On February 27th 1942, British and Swedish commandos blew up a part of the Norsk Hydro Electric Plant in Telemark Sweden, to prevent the oncoming German soldiers from capturing huge amounts of "Heavy Water" which was converted into Deuterium, and then used in the production process of the Atomic Bomb...

August 6th 1945, the Japanese City of Hiroshima had an Atomic Bomb dropped over it killing thousands of people, the Bomb was classed as the Uranium-Gun-Type, codenamed "Little Boy"....August 9th 1945, the second Atomic Bomb was dropped over the Japanese City of Nagasaki, also killing thousands of people, and classed as the Plutonium-Implosion-Type atomic bomb, codenamed "Fat Man"..