Debate How genes work in relation with Time Travel

AlaDMsallem

Hi guys,

I was wondering if time travel is real, imagine you would go back in time before your kids were born and you "make love" with your wife in a different date. Will it be the same child? or will it be another one since another sperm can enter?

Cirrus

Hi guys,

I was wondering if time travel is real, imagine you would go back in time before your kids were born and you "make love" with your wife in a different date. Will it be the same child? or will it be another one since another sperm can enter?

Probability points to the child being a different kid or a misfire. You'd have to do the deed at the very same time and in the very same manner for any hope that the sperm that created your present child will fertilize the egg in the same manner.

You'd also have the issue of your past self trying to kick your future self's ass when past self walks into the bedroom. So it's not advisable.

AlaDMsallem

Probability points to the child being a different kid or a misfire. You'd have to do the deed at the very same time and in the very same manner for any hope that the sperm that created your present child will fertilize the egg in the same manner.

You'd also have the issue of your past self trying to kick your future self's ass when past self walks into the bedroom. So it's not advisable.
Lol haven't put much thought into the matter (about the past self).
I watched a show where the protagonist went back in time to his 20s. He possessed his past self's body while holding onto the same memories of the future hh

Cirrus

Lol haven't put much thought into the matter (about the past self).
I watched a show where the protagonist went back in time to his 20s. He possessed his past self's body while holding onto the same memories of the future hh

That's different. If you could put your future consciousness into your past self, then conceiving the same child is much more likely given the higher probability that you'll follow along the same timeline unconsciously but you would still have the ability to make conscious decisions outside of the timeline.

AlaDMsallem

That's different. If you could put your future consciousness into your past self, then conceiving the same child is much more likely given the higher probability that you'll follow along the same timeline unconsciously but you would still have the ability to make conscious decisions outside of the timeline.
Yeah that's what i mean. "You'll be able to make conscious decisions outside of the timeline." In the future he was poor, a divorcee. But he decided to change that. He wanted to make land investments (coming with the knowledge of the future), and to correct the mistakes he made towards his wife. So he met her again and they st1rted dating. But his approaches to her were different from before. (E.g. he's more confident, he wanted to have a son as soon as possible...)