How Good Is Our Body Language Knowledge?

TimeFlipper

When we look at the first photo on here, all of us will see that the guy is adopting a very defensive posture..Is there anything about the woman?....In the second photo all of us will see the guy is more relaxed now, but still a bit defensive and nervous...Is the woman showing more interest in the guy now?...Your thoughts are important (y) :D..

Kairos

I do not trust men who claim to understand body language better than other men, and I think women who understand it well are just wired to understand it. It is not a science. Women in general are really good at it and men only good at it in the sense of relating to one another in the context of warriors/hunters.

I mean.. I can kind of make assumptions about specific gestures and actions, but I think we are snowing ourselves when we essentially try to intellectually learn what women try to systematize from their intuitive readings. Maybe I am wrong, but I suspect women read us like a book not like Sherlock Holmes, but at a deeper level that they might later try to intellectualize.

We are better off just keeping it at the gut instinct where it comes to body language, but use our rationality to pick apart the excuses and look for contradictory evidence.

And this guy is clearly lying. We do not need our gut instincts to know. Photographs of him sweating and hanging out with this woman constitute evidence supporting doubt.

TimeFlipper

I think you said a lot when you mentioned "gut instincts"...That most certainly is our innate way of "reading" situations and people, thanks for your input :)..