How Many Dimensions of Time?

How Many Dimensions Does Time Have?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 4 or more

• As many as space (whatever that turns out to be)

• Total voters

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
This posting is a very interesting one. But I believe you missed the boat on one choice. "Infinite number of dimensions"

The more you study this subject the more you realize it's an infinite number of dimensions. Right or wrong that is my vote.

Professor Opmmur

TTZack

This posting is a very interesting one. But I believe you missed the boat on one choice. "Infinite number of dimensions"

The more you study this subject the more you realize it's an infinite number of dimensions. Right or wrong that is my vote.

Professor Opmmur
Updated, especially for you Opmmur!

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
I always thought time WAS a dimension and did not contain dimensions.

PaulaJedi, You may want to rethink the essence of time travel versus dimensions they're not the same.

It would be much like comparing Mount Everest and the Pacific Ocean, both are made up of different materials and would never be considered the same. They don't work the same, thing all look the same, they don't function the same, why because they're not the same.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
In physics, time is treated as one dimension. But observations exist that disagree with that. For instance, a star going Nova. That star puts out more energy in the form of electromagnetic radiation than the entire galaxy it exists within, during its final moments of existance. Like time was speeding up. Yet at the same time, that star is undergoing gravitational collapse. That would suggest that time is slowing down as the stars radius decreases. So it appears there are independant time flows within matter that coexist together. How many are there? I don't believe there is a definite answer to that question yet.

Harte

There is one dimension of time. However in string theory there is a second, different, kind of time.
So that would be two, if string theory is correct.

Harte

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
I would agree in part with everyone that posted, that they are correct assuming you use the world we live planet Earth.

But that's not what I was referring to above: according to scientist and astronomers there's an infinite number of stars in the galaxies. And if were to believe the statements the previous members have to take in account an infinite number of dimensions when you need to include all that is in the heavens and beyond.