How many timelines actually have you in them?

Inferno

This thought came up while I was thinking about the butterfly effect. If your parents were to have sex after or before the original time they did, wouldn't you be completely different? The odds of the same sperm fertilizing the same egg as before seems very improbable. This would create a completely different person. Would this person count as you? If your conscience is connected through timelines, would that conscience be connected to yours?

This means in a multiverse, there is probably less you than you think. Although the amount with you would still be infinitely large, the amount without you would be a much larger infinity.

NIXIE

I can answer this one from experience.
Unless history is changed in a timeline there will always be a version of "You" in that timeline aka dimension...
I have been told about and even witnessed the reality of people being born with essentially the same soul and very similar body if one of the parents was replaced by a time traveler that meant to do exactly that. Genetics do come into play in the creation of the body of course so the person may not look exactly the same of course. The sperm does need to fertilize the egg in essentially the same time, I have been told and seen evidence, but the same soul will end up in the body. It is only time travelers or Holy or unholy intervention that will change history in other dimensions of the multiverse and the world/earth is always the same unless changed by those same factors.

- I didn't mention but it should be obvious that if your ancestors are killed in the past of another timeline by timetravelers or other intervention there will be no way for another version of you to come into existence, of course.

Last edited:

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
This thought came up while I was thinking about the butterfly effect. If your parents were to have sex after or before the original time they did, wouldn't you be completely different? The odds of the same sperm fertilizing the same egg as before seems very improbable. This would create a completely different person. Would this person count as you? If your conscience is connected through timelines, would that conscience be connected to yours?

This means in a multiverse, there is probably less you than you think. Although the amount with you would still be infinitely large, the amount without you would be a much larger infinity.

It depends if you believe in a soul or not.

Inferno

how? If there is a multiverse everything exists simulatiously and is constantly changing because of time
I'm not sure what your asking. I do think that entities outside of our "multiverse bubble" would view everything as happening at the same time.
- I didn't mention but it should be obvious that if your ancestors are killed in the past of another timeline by timetravelers or other intervention there will be no way for another version of you to come into existence, of course.
I wonder if there's some kind of multiverse rule that every person must have a counterpart. What happens to the conscience in a timeline without a counterpart?
Depends on how many multiverses you want to assert exist.
If an infinite number, then you are in an infinite number of those.
When I say infinity, I mean a number so large we can't understand it. There may not be infinite multiverses, but there would be a number so large, I may as well just say it's infinite. There is an infinite amount where you do as well as an infinite amount where you don't. I'm suggesting that the amount where you don't would be a larger infinity.
It depends if you believe in a soul or not.
I believe your conscience is a part of your soul. I often wonder if your soul is connected to versions of you on other timelines.

NIXIE

I wonder if there's some kind of multiverse rule that every person must have a counterpart. What happens to the conscience in a timeline without a counterpart?

This is more about ancestry and genealogy, everyone has descended from Adam and Eve and the other races or time travelers in each dimension of reality. You are right in saying there is a near infinite amount, where every possible thing that can happen between people that can meet, does happen, I have been told. There is no spirit of your conscience in a timeline/dimension that you do not exist in; the world would go on without you and it would be different, in some cases very very different because every person has an influence on reality.

Hilton.P

how can you be sure you aren't a product of a timetravel op , ? and before you it was someone else ? ... and the second point of view , do you remember clones ?

TimeFlipper

Everybody keeps forgetting that Dr Who had to regenerate at certain points in his life...The regeneration happened after his body was worn out from the effects of the different frequencies that bind each dimension together..(Dr Who changes this in 2021 by making the necessary electronics to keep his best looking body in its permanent form without the regeneration process happening again)

Remember what Dr Who said when we first became aware of his Existence back in 1963...Time is a frequency, that leads to a frequency transform (T=f1xf2)...That is the basic key to "real" Time-Travel, which MUST remain secret to Paranormalis members only!! :censored:..

Hilton.P

Everybody keeps forgetting that Dr Who had to regenerate at certain points in his life...The regeneration happened after his body was worn out from the effects of the different frequencies that bind each dimension together..(Dr Who changes this in 2021 by making the necessary electronics to keep his best looking body in its permanent form without the regeneration process happening again)

Remember what Dr Who said when we first became aware of his Existence back in 1963...Time is a frequency, that leads to a frequency transform (T=f1xf2)...That is the basic key to "real" Time-Travel, which MUST remain secret to Paranormalis members only!! :censored:..
did not see dr who , there fore to keep your presence in a timeline you have just to go back in the past . so your presence in the future (your present ) and in the next future (your future ) it is determinated by the present in your past also once you got 10 years before born for example . it means getting born and find time travel it is your future but even your past