How Should We Treat Time Travelers?

JasperMoon

I hope you guys are treating these ttrs well. Sometimes I think you are arguing just to make it hard on these people. Give them a chance to prove themselves or bust, please. I would like to know what happens in the future, too, but if you're going to make them angry enough to go away, then it's your own fault. Some of you have already done that to someone else, who hasn't really returned, and he told me he certainly won't be talking to any of you anymore when he did show up for a little while again to tell me this.

ZeoEmeraude

These folks bring it on themselves JasperMoon. Now, it goes without saying that if you come here pretending...and I do mean pretending...to be a time traveler, then you can expect some Good Ole Fashioned constructive criticism. Not everyone is gonna fall for the yarns these folks spin in an attempt to gain some form of attention or thrill. I try to keep an open mind, but I still believe in the Scientific Method as well. Proof and identity remain valid attempts to weed out such fakery. And when these posters can not keep the story consistent, what do they do? Resort to either calling those who asked these logical but frank questions debunker...or sling mud as if to escalate the anger for which they must feel for being caught in the entanglement in which they create. I for one feel no ill will toward a poster who creates these situations just to have it crap back all over em.
What does bother me is the inaccuracy such events do to legitimate claims that could be made here. To understand the meaning and validity of the posters who claim to be from the future, past, or dimension, that poster should understand that such claims will be met with scrutiny.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I created this topic out of Jasper's comment in Titor's topic. I think it's a very interesting, and a very true comment.

You guys should think about how we are supposed to interact with time travelers, or any other people "claiming" something. There are many ways to ask questions and test the poster. All of them are not good.

I'm all about constructive criticism, but after a little while, some people here end up posting comments using such a tone that the member posting his claims will need to defend himself against debunkers instead of doing what he's supposed to do: share his stuff to bring the discussion further.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Timetravel_-1, you're alright. You're actually one of those I want to make sure will feel comfortable posting.

DarbyII

I created this topic out of Jasper's comment in Titor's topic. I think it's a very interesting, and a very true comment.

You guys should think about how we are supposed to interact with time travelers, or any other people "claiming" something. There are many ways to ask questions and test the poster. All of them are not good.

I'm all about constructive criticism, but after a little while, some people here end up posting comments using such a tone that the member posting his claims will need to defend himself against debunkers instead of doing what he's supposed to do: share his stuff to bring the discussion further.

Num7,

Hmmm...sorry about that. But when I read your post on TTI (http://www.timetravelinstitute.com/...r=74058&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1) where you said that there were "three guys pretending to be Titor" (including Ren and TT-1) and invited us to take a look, it sounded like you had already made up your mind that, well, T-1 was pretending to be Titor. As a long time regular on TTI, an original Admin on Anomalies and a long time member but very infrequent poster here, I certainly don't want to disrupt your forum. I can take a pass on Titor #100 (200?) and let the conversation run without my commentary. ;)

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Hi Darby,

I posted this link on TTI because I knew some people would enjoy a good active discussion on John Titor (or someone pretending to be). :) This latest guy sure delivers a message of his own compared to Ren and the fist impersonator.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
In light of the recant events I would like to add my two bananas worth here
1=when anyone shows up and claims the ID. of someone ells they have in my eyes have infact stolen said person's ID and should expect to be treated as a thief for doing it.....sorry but I call a spade a spade..
2= when anyone shows up and makes the claim of being from the future only to reveal later they are not realy from the future, but are infact a remote view/astral projector,,,, they have out rite lied and should expect to be called out fot it....again sorry but a lier, is a lier..

I tend to agree with Zeo on this one, you will get exactly what you ask for.
weather you want/like it or not,, you ask for it, and it will be given..
carry on
P.S.
sorry for the edit
I realy am very interested in time travel and the possablity of it comeing to pass, but there is no place it it for liers and thieves...
sorry for the rant

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe
It's a complicated issue this TT're thing. One because it is such an impossible thing to believe and you have to suspend disbelief to engage in discussion with them about such a preposterous event leading to them being on a BBS. And two, none of them seem honest in what they are saying.

Let's look at our recent visitors shall we. One would have us believe that Time Travel is possible because of different physics in their version of reality and the other was a mirror of JT who meditated through time and physically appeared at his desired location. What, you want me to be friendly in the face of this nonsense? I don't know about you, but I don't like to be insulted by such trite treatment of such a singular event.

So here's how I view it. If someone alleges to be a TT'er and insults me with a tale of such awful logical integrity, then I'll bite his or her ass off. If they beguile me with their tale, I'll play the game. If they prove to be from 20xx or 21xx or even 31xxx, I'll be delighted and drink a bottle of scotch.

I can't stand fools, or people who want to treat me like a fool. If we can avoid that, we're sweet, but I won't play nice for just anyone.