How to Build a Time Machine

TimeFlipper

There's a very interesting publishing project on kickstarter right now called "How to Build a Time Machine".
It's worth a look.

Welcome to Paranormalis :)..
We have lots of very interesting published projects on Time-Travel, perhaps they are also worth looking into :cool:..
You will find them in the Time-Machines and Experiments section..

TimeFlipper

Lots of dramatic music in that video clip, then mention of a time-traveller, two publishers, a theoretical physicist, plus a mathematician, a few calculations and finally the actual purpose of the video clip which is also in the separate link, and what do we have? we have an advert for a book!! :ROFLMAO:..

If you scroll down towards the bottom of that link which has been provided for us, you will read the statement which says>>>>

"We are a small publisher, BUT the book is READY to print...We have a print house READY TO GO, who will assign it an ISBM number and FUND THE FIRST EDITION PRINT RUN, handle printing, fulfilment, and distribution via Amazon, Barnes & NobleI, Ingram, Baker & Taylor, Bertram, and numerous other retailers...We believe the RISKS to be MINIMAL with this work"....(end of quote)

I included my own capital letters to emphasise matters...I did a quick search on the internet and discovered that a certain, T E Willis is expecting people to "pledge" their own money on that unpublished book so that an amount of money can be raised in order to "fund the first edition print run"....This is clearly a way of extracting money from vulnerable people, who expect to be able to simply build a time-machine and go back into the past and change things for their own benefit...

Personally i find it reprehensible that some people will go to such lengths to extract money on a book that will never be published, or at the very least, be full of theoretical claptrap!!.....

A Reader

Lots of dramatic music in that video clip, then mention of a time-traveller, two publishers, a theoretical physicist, plus a mathematician, a few calculations and finally the actual purpose of the video clip which is also in the separate link, and what do we have? we have an advert for a book!! :ROFLMAO:..

If you scroll down towards the bottom of that link which has been provided for us, you will read the statement which says>>>>

"We are a small publisher, BUT the book is READY to print...We have a print house READY TO GO, who will assign it an ISBM number and FUND THE FIRST EDITION PRINT RUN, handle printing, fulfilment, and distribution via Amazon, Barnes & NobleI, Ingram, Baker & Taylor, Bertram, and numerous other retailers...We believe the RISKS to be MINIMAL with this work"....(end of quote)

I included my own capital letters to emphasise matters...I did a quick search on the internet and discovered that a certain, T E Willis is expecting people to "pledge" their own money on that unpublished book so that an amount of money can be raised in order to "fund the first edition print run"....This is clearly a way of extracting money from vulnerable people, who expect to be able to simply build a time-machine and go back into the past and change things for their own benefit...

Personally i find it reprehensible that some people will go to such lengths to extract money on a book that will never be published, or at the very least, be full of theoretical claptrap!!.....

Hmmm... what I find reprehensible is posting something without first doing any research. How do you think books get published? Also, if you knew anything about crowdfunding projects, you would know that people don't pay a dime unless the book is actually published. Finally, before you call something theoretical claptrap, don't you think you should review at least a page of the book first? When you don't, you come across as an uninformed idiot.

A Reader

Yet every point he made was irrefutable, apparently.

Harte
Actually, every point he made was just refuted. He obviously knows nothing about how crowdfunding sites work (people don't pay a dime unless the book is actually published), and he calls it theoretical claptrap even though he hasn't read a single word of the book. But you're right... to some people, facts mean nothing. They will believe something is irrefutable even when they haven't read a word and know nothing about the topic.

TimeFlipper

Hmmm... what I find reprehensible is posting something without first doing any research. How do you think books get published? Also, if you knew anything about crowdfunding projects, you would know that people don't pay a dime unless the book is actually published. Finally, before you call something theoretical claptrap, don't you think you should review at least a page of the book first? When you don't, you come across as an uninformed idiot.

I will take the chance of being an "uniformed idiot"...Let me know if and when that book actually gets printed, dont forget will you :LOL:..
Yes i do know about crowd funding, and i also know that any crowd funder would never undertake a pledge to pay out their hard earned money to support publishing any book thats concerned with time-travel.....Why dont "you" pledge $1000 yourself, if you are naive enough to be taken in by an obvious hoax?..

There are thousands of books out there relating to time-travel, and 99.999% of them are utter crap...If the author of that book, John J Clifton actually knew how to time-travel, he would be able to make 1000s of dollars for himself, without having to resort to crowd funding for money...Why wont his own bank loan him the money?, the answer to that is very simple, what bank manager in their right mind would want to lend money to anyone who says that they can build a time-machine, and wants the world to know how its done? :ROFLMAO:..

Of course i can make a simple educated guess that the book in question WILL contain "theoretical claptrap", because the author of that book Mr John j Clifton, has never time-travelled himself, which should be patently obvious, even to yourself....And by the way, the article made no mention of crowd funding, it just says "Fund the first edition print run!!"...

Last edited:

A Reader

Wow...
I will take the chance of being an "uniformed idiot"...Let me know if and when that book actually gets printed, dont forget will you :LOL:..
Yes i do know about crowd funding, and i also know that any crowd funder would never undertake a pledge to pay out their hard earned money to support publishing any book thats concerned with time-travel.....Why dont "you" pledge $1000 yourself, if you are naive enough to be taken in by an obvious hoax?..

There are thousands of books out there relating to time-travel, and 99.999% of them are utter crap...If the author of that book, John J Clifton actually knew how to time-travel, he would be able to make 1000s of dollars for himself, without having to resort to crowd funding for money...Why wont his own bank loan him the money?, the answer to that is very simple, what bank manager in their right mind would want to lend money to anyone who says that they can build a time-machine, and wants the world to know how its done? :ROFLMAO:..

Of course i can make a simple educated guess that the book in question WILL contain "theoretical claptrap", because the author of that book Mr John j Clifton, has never time-travelled himself, which should be patently obvious, even to yourself...

Wow... where do I begin? I really don't want to sound insulting (though you obviously don't have the same consideration towards others), but you really do need to do more research before you spew such dribble.

First, John J. Clifton is not the author. He is the main character in the book. Second, this is a work of fiction, and only an idiot such as you appear to be would believe it to be anything other than that. Third, you really should read a book before you offer such an unjustified, unsupportable opinion about it.