How to Build a Time Machine

A Reader

Tell me why anyone would want to fund a work of fiction? :LOL:...

What, you think no one likes to read fiction? Science fiction is dead? Then why are you in this forum?

Seriously, did someone kick your dog or something today? You seemed willing to instantly attack me (whom you don't know), criticize a book (which you've never read), and engage in a fight when someone points out your error. You seriously need to chill dude. This forum is about time travel. It seemed like the logical place to talk about a new work of fiction focused on the subject. If you can't handle that, then I suggest you find another forum to visit.

TimeFlipper

For your information, there are more than 9,500 works of fiction being funded through Kickstarter. So apparently LOTS of people are willing to fund a work of fiction. :)

Nobody on Paranormalis will ever waste their money on funding that book :ROFLMAO:...
Have fun and byeeee (y)....

A Reader

Nobody on Paranormalis will ever waste their money on funding that book :ROFLMAO:...

If truly bye, then that's a good thing.

And again... offering an opinion about a book you've never read makes you look like an ill-informed troll. Enjoy your anger-filled day.

TheGreenMan

If the pledge levels were a bit lower I'd definitely fund it.

The way I look at it is, it's basically £16 for a paperback sci-fi book and £23 for a hardback sci-fi book; that's a bit more than what I'd be willing to pay for a book. £16 is the top end of what I personally would pay for a hardback.

Harte

Actually, every point he made was just refuted. He obviously knows nothing about how crowdfunding sites work (people don't pay a dime unless the book is actually published), and he calls it theoretical claptrap even though he hasn't read a single word of the book. But you're right... to some people, facts mean nothing. They will believe something is irrefutable even when they haven't read a word and know nothing about the topic.
The point is, you didn't bother to refute him.
You merely bothered to insult him.
That's not a logical argument.

Harte

A Reader

The point is, you didn't bother to refute him.
You merely bothered to insult him.
That's not a logical argument.

Harte

I did not start the conversation by insulting, but I reserve the right to defend myself when someone attacks me without cause. I am treating you with respect because you are being respectful to me. That other person was immediately derisive and insulting, without even having looked at a single page of the book.