How to choose a life philosophy

Mr Unknown

In my little experience, I've known that we need some driving force. Something to die for. That is a problem for me. Depression makes it difficult to motivate. And also, I've seen, heard and experienced so much shit that I don't know what to believe in and I don't know what to do with my life. How can I find a philosophy fitting for my life. What methods did you guys used. I'm sorry for these posts but I'm 18. Starting to live and trying to forget all the suffering I've been through and that I still face every day.

Husky_Boy

In my little experience, I've known that we need some driving force. Something to die for. That is a problem for me. Depression makes it difficult to motivate. And also, I've seen, heard and experienced so much shit that I don't know what to believe in and I don't know what to do with my life. How can I find a philosophy fitting for my life. What methods did you guys used. I'm sorry for these posts but I'm 18. Starting to live and trying to forget all the suffering I've been through and that I still face every day.

Ratbat29

Wise words bro i havent been on here so much the truth is its a lot of information to go over again

Everybody thinks something else is good. I guess, you have to try a few philosophies. In my opinion, "Conversations with God" is very interesting. This is also available on the net, because you are not allowed to have strange books, as far as i remember.

Try to mediatate. Meditation is always good against depression (besides going to a medical doctor, of course).

1. Increases Positive Emotions & Decreases Negative Emotions In a landmark study, Barbara Frederickson and her colleagues ( Fredrickson, Cohn, Coffey, Pek, & Finkel, 2008) found that practicing 7 weeks of loving-kindness meditation increased love, joy, contentment, gratitude, pride, hope, interest, amusement, and awe. These positive emotions then produced increases in a wide range of personal resources (e.g., increased mindfulness, purpose in life, social support, decreased illness symptoms), which, in turn, predicted increased life satisfaction and reduced depressive symptoms.

Nihilism, meditation, determine what you feel most positive emotions about or and think about what you like to do. Don't think any negative things control your thoughts. To start, recite words you want to think more mentally to practice controlling your thoughts, and when you start thinking negative things just recite a positive thing until you stopped feeling an urge to think negative things.