Paula's Search for Artifacts

Doc 05

Zenith
Dowsing "L" rods, backed up with a pendulum has been my go to of late.

Your conscious brain tries to hold the rods parallel and straight

Your sub-conscious brain points which way to go and crosses over the object you seek.

But they will cross over waterlines as a matter of course (sprinkler lines have thwarted me in the past)

Look into map dowsing also.

Good luck

Doc 05

Zenith
I always have the urge to explore and find things. I own 15 acres and have been digging around for a few years. I check the holes the wild boars dig up. I checked the creek when it dried up. I've used a metal detector. I can't find anything. This area had a lot of native activity. We even have a museum proving it. I also live near the cracker trail. So, my thought is that a) the people who had all the surrounding land in the 1800's found everything already b) the previous owners of this house since it was built found everything or c) even farther back, this could have all been a swamp.

Is there any advice for finding artifacts like arrow heads? When the creeks dry up in the winter, I check the banks but I only found old pool coping stuck in the dirt. I don't really want to dig large holes in my property. Most of it is woods, btw. Some of the trees are very old. Who knows what is under all the pine needles.

I actually get sad if I can't find anything. LOL. Oh, I find bones all the time ---- from animals eating their prey or from people burying their dead cows and horses on the property. (A neighbor was using some of our property even though they didn't own it. It ended when we moved in). But I'm tired of dead cow bones. I want an arrowhead!!!! To be honest, we barely even have any rocks!!!!
Cracker Trail; you in Florida?

I live near Gainesville

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I used to dig with a metal detector in my backyard (only one acre). I ended up finding a silver ring with a black stone! That was probably the most exciting, lol. Other than I came across a letter opener with the name of a funeral home on the handle, and an old broken teacup. It's kinda fun to treasure hunt. :)

Lucky!!!! I'd be thrilled to find that. I've only found beer cans and a rusty hook/clip that most likely isn't even antique.

BTW, soaking things in vinegar for 1-2 weeks and scrubbing can get rid of the rust. I thought I found an old coin once, but it turned out to be scrap metal/garbage. Sigh.

Harte

Try a metal detector. The Seminoles used metal for arrowheads and tomahawks once whitey appeared with it.
If you can find any of that, you might be in a location that has older artifacts (stone) in the vicinity.

Harte

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Try a metal detector. The Seminoles used metal for arrowheads and tomahawks once whitey appeared with it.
If you can find any of that, you might be in a location that has older artifacts (stone) in the vicinity.

Harte

I did. Have had no luck at all, unfortunately. I only found beer cans and fencing.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I am so frustrated. I can't find anything. So many locals find tons of arrow heads. We're digging to add plumbing to a workshop we're building -- nothing. I'm running around digging and raking leaves. Nothing. I found some old wood planks, but there's no way to tell how old it is and it is probably garbage. Everyone on videos makes it sound so easy. My city and area had heavy native occupation along with settlers, campers from Cracker Trail, etc. My metal detector gets nothing, but I am considering buying a better one. The whole thing is like a needle in a haystack. Where do you dig? And the mosquitoes don't help! They bite through clothes and face nets!!!!!

Honestly, am I being too weird? Should I give up? I'm not sure what to do with myself if I give up. Finding bones is now boring.

SIGH. Always seems like other people get to find the cool stuff in life: artifacts, big foot, ufo's. Me? Nada.