Paula's Search for Artifacts

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Someone once told me that if you don't scratch the bite area, it will heal faster. I tried this recently and this appears to work.

Deer fly bites are so intense that you HAVE to scratch them, however, drinking one glass of red wine gets rid of 90% of the itch and it's gone the next day. I don't know why.

Harte

You're funny.

The limestone is old, in chunks, with holes in it. I finally got 3 different geologists to identify it. It's not in layers or anything, just loose, random chunks. I may be able to fix holes in my driveway with it. That's about all. Besides, I'm not a builder. I'm a tiny woman with no strength and no carpentry skills whatsoever. I've been a computer nerd my entire life.

Mosquito bites don't bother me. And you don't need to get drunk for the wine to work on fly bites. Just takes one glass.
Sounds to me like there IS one place you haven't looked for artifacts.

Inside the limestone chunks.

Take a hammer with you next time. At least you can take out your frustrations from the damn natives not leaving you any arrowheads.
And you just might find a fossil.

Harte

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Sounds to me like there IS one place you haven't looked for artifacts.

Inside the limestone chunks.

Take a hammer with you next time. At least you can take out your frustrations from the damn natives not leaving you any arrowheads.
And you just might find a fossil.

Harte

Oh great. Welcome to my new hobby, smashing rocks. Not a bad idea, though.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Another view of the rock with the hole on it. One side is so flat that it stands up. It is a clean break, but I didn’t do it. It is dark and weathered where the cut is. 85DAD508-4D80-4C1B-A530-5E56A2B268FE.jpeg

Harte

Yes, limestone can be red.
1661895434178.png

The rock with the hole could be a lot of things. One thing it could be is a fossil worm burrow.
Worms in the sea floor exude a slime that hardens the surrounding sediment they have burrowed into, which keeps the burrow from collapsing. That would make the edges around the hole look different from the rest of the rock.

Harte