How to Find Extremely Rare Books

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Does anyone know of a source for rare books besides Google and Amazon? Is there someone I can call, perhaps? Something off the grid?

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
This is how rare the book is:

Library of Congress says:

Jefferson or Adams Building Reading Rooms - STORED OFFSITE

Someone has it on Ebay for $10,000. But I NEEEEEED a copy of it.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I bet it can't be found on the Internet in digital copy either? Gotta be an old book I guess.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I bet it can't be found on the Internet in digital copy either? Gotta be an old book I guess.

Nope. There's one copy on Ebay for $10,000. That's it. So, I'm sure if a copy were found, nobody would be willing to give it up.
I need one piece of information from it. I offered the guy on Ebay $50 to give me that information, but people in general are greedy, so I'm not holding my breath.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Yeah, I think that if you're looking for one bit of information, maybe it will be easier for you to just ask for it and get it.

If that's okay for you, it might be way easier than getting to own the actual book.

Itheblaze

I've also found you have to be at the right place/right time. Like you run out of gas in front of a used bookstore in the boondocks somewhere. Right when you walk in to ask to use the phone (cause cell phones don't work in the boondocks) some young college chickie who just lost her Father has all these nasty ole' dusty books to donate. The book you most covet being right on top. With the bonus of this being fill up a bag of books for a buck day. Lol! Who knows!