How to survive a nuclear ballistic from NK?

Kairos

What kind of warhead? What altitude is detonated? If aerial or surface blast, where does it detonate relative to your location?

For most Americans, the obvious answer is to just carry on like you do every other day. If we are lucky they will take out Los Angeles or Seattle.

Noodle

What kind of warhead? What altitude is detonated? If aerial or surface blast, where does it detonate relative to your location?

For most Americans, the obvious answer is to just carry on like you do every other day. If we are lucky they will take out Los Angeles or Seattle.
How do you know I live upeast?

North Korea plays the long game and has done it extremely well with China's assistance forever. They are NOT crazy or stupid but they certainly are ruthless to it's own citizens with the objective always being the regime's survival. I have to say I'm impressed with how well they have outplayed the US literally every step of the way, since the Korean war and more recently in the early 2000's (nuclear development project)

But let us not forget China controls all the cards with N. Korea, if Korea fires it will be an act of aggression from both nations. Many do not understand that China does not want the US knocking at there border and this obviously applies for Russia as well. The only reason the US isn't right at both borders as we speak is because China pushed the US back during the war. This lead the creation of North Korea with control coming from China and Moscow.

North Korea may seem weak but they have power houses tucked behind them that will step in if necessary.

As far as surviving something like that....Pack the prepper bunker :)

If it ever did happen, my guess is that earth would be pretty much useless.

Kairos

North Korea is Russia's baby, not China's.

Also, nuclear war would hardly make the Earth useless. People are hysterical about nuclear weapons because of forty years of leftist lies and propaganda about "nuclear winter" and other such nonsense. They are just high-yield bombs. The Cold War was literally a nuclear war where Soviets and the United States detonated thousands of nuclear weapons on the planet. We are just fine.

Russia's influence stalled out long ago w/ the fall of the USSR.

No doubt they were the major influence to it's modern day build up with all the infrastructure they placed in and around Pyongyang as well as regime control.

I'm sorry but if NK ever fired, the US would retaliate no matter what, then in turn creating a domino effect in multiple regions (my opinion).

Maybe the Earth would not be useless but it sure would be pretty close if this scenario played itself out.

titorite

North Korea is Russia's baby, not China's.

Also, nuclear war would hardly make the Earth useless. People are hysterical about nuclear weapons because of forty years of leftist lies and propaganda about "nuclear winter" and other such nonsense. They are just high-yield bombs. The Cold War was literally a nuclear war where Soviets and the United States detonated thousands of nuclear weapons on the planet. We are just fine.

hmmmm How much do you understand about geometric thermonuclear warfare? Do you understand why everyone moved away from bigger bombs to smaller bombs and the power of overpressure? Nuclear Winter may well not be the big concern but the fact that the major governments do indeed have enough nuclear weapons to eradicate every city with a population over 2000 people is none the less concerning.

All the same, I dont see NK kicking it off. Kim is a fucking genius in his political maneuvering. Nk and SK were gonna make peace regardless of the US intent. And the bombs? of course they are being dismantled. NK doesn't need production facilities anymore. They already have the know how and more than likely they have already put munitions on sub-marines with dead-mans orders just like the UK and the US and Russia all have. Its a popular thing that all nuclear powers like to do. Put your nukes on a sub where it wont be detected. Anything ever goes wrong the subs fire last at whoever fired first. Thats why they call it mutually assured destruction. With their safety finally and fully assured they can talk freely and earnestly about peace and not the Libyan model of peace but REAL peace.

Kairos

The Cold War was a kind of nuclear war. 2000+ nuclear detonations, some of which were absolutely massive. You are still here. There's no global winter. Let the hysterics pass.

hmmmm How much do you understand about geometric thermonuclear warfare? Do you understand why everyone moved away from bigger bombs to smaller bombs and the power of overpressure? Nuclear Winter may well not be the big concern but the fact that the major governments do indeed have enough nuclear weapons to eradicate every city with a population over 2000 people is none the less concerning.

All the same, I dont see NK kicking it off. Kim is a fucking genius in his political maneuvering. Nk and SK were gonna make peace regardless of the US intent. And the bombs? of course they are being dismantled. NK doesn't need production facilities anymore. They already have the know how and more than likely they have already put munitions on sub-marines with dead-mans orders just like the UK and the US and Russia all have. Its a popular thing that all nuclear powers like to do. Put your nukes on a sub where it wont be detected. Anything ever goes wrong the subs fire last at whoever fired first. Thats why they call it mutually assured destruction. With their safety finally and fully assured they can talk freely and earnestly about peace and not the Libyan model of peace but REAL peace.

Absolutely, Kim is a political genius and he outplayed the US every step of the way. Daddy Kim started it and baby Kim finished it...Just Un's survival alone during the regimes transition was impressive, let alone becoming a successful nuclear power to boot in such a short amount of time.

I always wondered if Clinton's plan for aid in the late 90's early 00's, facilitated by Carter would have changed the course of history. But George W stepped in & squashed the deal, leading to an accelerate nuclear program in NK. Can you blame them???

I fault George W Bush 100% for backing out of a the deal to keep the peninsula nuke free. All we had to do was give them a few stupid power plants and food aid, yet we fucked that up some how. Now we look like sad sacks bowing to Kim.

Kim got probably everything he ever wanted:
-Nukes
-Survival
-Propaganda of a Kim family member with a SITTING US President.
-Peace agreements (nothing wrong w/ that)
-Recognition for him, his regime, and people on the national stage.
-Ohh yea he gets to keep his concentration camps up and running smoothly as well.

US Receives
-NOTHING but embarrassment every step of the way. Maybe if we kept our promises to other countries, we would actually be able to get things done better.

ok I'm done ranting...for now

Last edited: