Howdy!

SinisterThinking

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. My name is Jamie and I am a computer science professor and an avid reader of time travel theory, time, and the process of death and dying. I guess I am what you would call a "time /space" rolls over itself theorist. I look forward to reading and posting. This seems like a great place!

dimension-1hacker

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. My name is Jamie and I am a computer science professor and an avid reader of time travel theory, time, and the process of death and dying. I guess I am what you would call a "time /space" rolls over itself theorist. I look forward to reading and posting. This seems like a great place!
Nice to meet you jamie, first though prove your claims
prove it, what does def i(): x = input(), print(x), i(), do? can anybody really die, as nothing can be created or destroyed and for anything to exist all aspects must exist simultaniously as the thing itself is infinitely divisible and for an object to move pieces must move first and to move require more pieces to "bend" therefore can be broken down into an infinite amount of smaller pieces. As such each piece needs to be caused to be where it is and to move, hence there are an infinite amount of combinations of everything within one object. Another proof is since no specific timeline needs a reason to exist yet a particular one does no timeline needs a reason to exist and when there is no reason for something not to exist it becomes the reason for any timeline to exist, as that is the only reason then every timeline exists. another is, quantum machinics, what is an object, what is its substance? What is space/time rolls over itself theory? some physically rolling over itself to create something new that is the future?

SinisterThinking

I didn't know there was a quiz to get in. Assuming that you are using a python interpreter(assumed by the "def" keyword. Your function definition won't do anything until it's called (presumed by i()). Given that you actually called function i we can assume that , def i(): x = input(), print(x), i(), will output x to the screen(whatever is accepted by the input line x=input(x);).

For future reference computer science isn't about scripting in an interpreted language. That is merely a screwdriver in a giant box of tools. Given one more gander at it, it probably will produce a traceback error upon execution.

The relationship of time/space suggests that time travel can occur because time is not a linear function related to space. If that isn't true then we must assume that you can only travel to the future because you were unable to make the decision to travel in time until this exact moment. So you can look at time like the petals of an Iris, meaning the further time (the petals) expand the closer it becomes to points of time(stem) in the past.

Regarding your other statement. It took a created thing to postulate that matter can't be created or destroyed. Although I would argue that the intent of the postulate is that mass, not matter can be neither created or destroyed. But it's been a while since I had Physics 1. The reality is in the construct of energy. You can create and destroy matter all day as long as there is no net gain/loss of energy.

Time lines only exist because there are people to measure the change in them. If you took a spider and cast it in a paper weight. Let it sit for 5 years, then broke it from the mold, will time have changed the spider? No. Without the ability to measure noticeable change, there is no way of knowing the passage of time.

Thanks for the fun! I hope you grade on a curve!

NaturalPhilosopher

I didn't know there was a quiz to get in. Assuming that you are using a python interpreter(assumed by the "def" keyword. Your function definition won't do anything until it's called (presumed by i()). Given that you actually called function i we can assume that , def i(): x = input(), print(x), i(), will output x to the screen(whatever is accepted by the input line x=input(x);).

For future reference computer science isn't about scripting in an interpreted language. That is merely a screwdriver in a giant box of tools. Given one more gander at it, it probably will produce a traceback error upon execution.

The relationship of time/space suggests that time travel can occur because time is not a linear function related to space. If that isn't true then we must assume that you can only travel to the future because you were unable to make the decision to travel in time until this exact moment. So you can look at time like the petals of an Iris, meaning the further time (the petals) expand the closer it becomes to points of time(stem) in the past.

Regarding your other statement. It took a created thing to postulate that matter can't be created or destroyed. Although I would argue that the intent of the postulate is that mass, not matter can be neither created or destroyed. But it's been a while since I had Physics 1. The reality is in the construct of energy. You can create and destroy matter all day as long as there is no net gain/loss of energy.

Time lines only exist because there are people to measure the change in them. If you took a spider and cast it in a paper weight. Let it sit for 5 years, then broke it from the mold, will time have changed the spider? No. Without the ability to measure noticeable change, there is no way of knowing the passage of time.

Thanks for the fun! I hope you grade on a curve!
oh cool, a smart person with literacy skills. Neats!
Welcome to the chat. :)
I love discussing time travel theory and engineering.

I agree, time is only noticeable with visible change. Otherwise known as vectors. If the entire solar system stopped orbiting, stopped rotating, atmospheres cooled and collapsed as snow...would anyone know if time stopped itself or if everything froze?

So time is obviously motion. So the big question is...how does a blackhole reach out and stop things moving?
It's the only situation that doesn't require another object to stop something hurtling by.

People will argue, oh well it's not really stopping cuz it's based on your inertial frame of reference. That's true but if you lived near a blackhole you could use it's stopped time field boundary to create a thermodynamic heat pump. Woo, free energies.

The inertial frame illusion is still real and usable.

Anyways I'm off point....what is reaching out from the blackhole and stopping motion in violation of newton's 3rd law of action-reaction.

Maybe mass particles have a hidden motion we can't see even when standing still. Is this what is changing when time stops?

:unsure::unsure::coffee::oops::unsure::unsure:
time for a random meme:

Last edited:

SinisterThinking

Thanks, I don't wanna come off as a smarty pants, I'm just old. Science needs to decide either Newton is right or he isn't. Science is a slippery slope when moving away from the observable.

If an object has mass, it will always have the potential for motion, right? Now, I think as energy gets used(at an alarming rate) by a black hole we have to assume motion from within. Otherwise we have to assume an opposing force to the black hole.

dimension-1hacker

oh cool, a smart person with literacy skills. Neats!
Welcome to the chat. :)
I love discussing time travel theory and engineering.

I agree, time is only noticeable with visible change. Otherwise known as vectors. If the entire solar system stopped orbiting, stopped rotating, atmospheres cooled and collapsed as snow...would anyone know if time stopped itself or if everything froze?

So time is obviously motion. So the big question is...how does a blackhole reach out and stop things moving?
It's the only situation that doesn't require another object to stop something hurtling by.

People will argue, oh well it's not really stopping cuz it's based on your inertial frame of reference. That's true but if you lived near a blackhole you could use it's stopped time field boundary to create a thermodynamic heat pump. Woo, free energies.

The inertial frame illusion is still real and usable.

Anyways I'm off point....what is reaching out from the blackhole and stopping motion in violation of newton's 3rd law of action-reaction.

Maybe mass particles have a hidden motion we can't see even when standing still. Is this what is changing when time stops?

:unsure::unsure::coffee::oops::unsure::unsure:
time for a random meme:
View attachment 9351
If within the event horizon of a black hole things stop moving but as the black hole is created by space being warped, well if, then as the black hole moves the invent horizon moves therefore time is influenced or and its effect determined by the warping of space.