Hurricane Charlie and Bonnie

sosuemetoo

My husband has an uncle in Orlando. I have an uncle in Ft. Myer's. We've been tracking the storm pretty closely today.

Just wanted to make sure that our fellow forum members are okay.

Any reports that you've heard?

"Mom" is concerned. :)

HackimerRob

I have an aunt that lives near Tampa, but I haven't heard anything. They were evac'd before I knew what was going on.
I've been tracking it from here too. Weather.com is a great resource for that.

CaryP

By the time you read, it'll probably be all over the news. A small town by the name of Punta Gorda got hit pretty bad. Downtown was farily torn up. Worst was a trailer park where "stacks of bodies" were found, according to Fox News. Supposedly, Tampa Bay and Orlando didn't get it all that bad. Problem with Charley was he was a Class 2 storm mid afternoon, but by the time it hit land had quickly strengthened to a Class 4 - very strong and nasty - storm. Got to check on my brother in St. Petersburg (near Tampa Bay) to make sure he and his wife got through with little or no problems.

Cary

StarLord

AMEN to that Cary. I have experienced a few Typhoons in the Orient. It makes a person realize that at moments like that, witnessing the raw power of Mother Nature, we are but ants on the hind end of a T-Rex searching for Alladin's Lamp to rub in a hurry.