Hurricane Ian

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Well, here I am dealing with hurricane Ian. I am not in an evacuation zone, fortunately. I am also surrounded by forest (not close to the house) so it does block a lot of wind, but not all. (We have uprooted trees from past storms). I cleaned the litter box before bed, but the cats all used it and are anxious so they pissed outside the box. So, after my coffee, I get to go clean that up. Grrrrrrr. They are used to going outside at 6am, too. The power is flickering, but I hope it hangs on. 6am sounded pretty bad, but when I checked the cameras, I see no debris or damage. Even our tent garages are still in tact.
Pray for power!!! Keep the power on God!!!

Here's a live view of the storm:

If I lose power, I'll hop on and let you know. (UPS battery backups last 30 mins). I won't be able to post much at all if it does. Have to save power for emergency calls.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
That's pretty scary, hope you're safe!

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Well, here I am dealing with hurricane Ian. I am not in an evacuation zone, fortunately. I am also surrounded by forest (not close to the house) so it does block a lot of wind, but not all. (We have uprooted trees from past storms). I cleaned the litter box before bed, but the cats all used it and are anxious so they pissed outside the box. So, after my coffee, I get to go clean that up. Grrrrrrr. They are used to going outside at 6am, too. The power is flickering, but I hope it hangs on. 6am sounded pretty bad, but when I checked the cameras, I see no debris or damage. Even our tent garages are still in tact.

If I lose power, I'll hop on and let you know. (UPS battery backups last 30 mins). I won't be able to post much at all if it does. Have to save power for emergency calls.

I used to live in Florida when I was much younger. So I know about the power situation. We might not see you for several days till power is restored. But at least we'll all know why. With a predicted category 5 storm, I would expect power outages will be wide spread. Seeing you are in a rural area might mean your power will be last on the list to be restored. So just have faith, and all our hearts will be with you. Good luck and may the force be with you.

lamdo263

It's a major hurricane. Even the eyes turbulent. Don't know what this will do when it hits landfall?

MODAT7

Paula Rocksmasher can survive anything! (and we'll see you back in a couple days with tales of hunting and slaying rogue gators)

Looking at the track so far, one of my family members took a near direct hit, another got the miss but is probably without power, and another got high winds and a lot of rain. Ian will probably be the costliest storm of the year. :-(

Wind7

Staff

It isn't looking good.

@PaulaJedi

I hope you're okay!

🙏

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
My land is flooded. No power. No water. Had no cell reception until last night. Borrowed a generator and local internet started working. But I now have LTE on my phone.

Sanibel Island destroyed. Ft. Myers under wander. Fortunately, my house is FINE. Pics of the flooding:

895DE19F-DD1D-4443-9557-A6B81D5917EA.jpeg
That’s my back yard. More pics in the morning.

MODAT7

I knew Paula would live! 👍 My family in Cape Coral evacuated earlier and are safe. No word on their house yet. Not sure about Atlantic side damage as fakebook is down the one time I want to log into it and do something useful. I'm up late and migraine is telling me to sleep, so I'll try later.

Rumors have it that a shark is swimming the flooded streets of Cape Coral. If you get that on your land, shoot to kill, make dinner, and can the rest. Damage is bad and supply lines are cut. You're on your own for awhile. :-(