I’m here to discuss mostly about time travel

Mako

As a kid I’ve always loved time travel, I’ve dreamt of it and imagined it. Always wanting it to be real, hoping some traveler themselves would randomly come up to me someday and recruit me.
Ive always wanted time travel for my own selfish needs wether it be to fix mistakes I’ve made in life or become perfect at a skill “instantly” to the viewers eyes. However, I also loved to fantasize how I could help others with time travel like stopping murders and figure out unsolved mysteries.

My biggest goal (if I were to ever time travel) is to expose the crimes the 1% of the richest humans have made, and the connections they have with smaller companies, monopoly companies, and even nations.
These are my priorities:
  1. Expose the 1%
  2. Solve long awaited mysteries
  3. May 2021
  4. Selfish stuff
I aspire to become a computer engineer. I hope I can find the right research here on this website. What will I need? What works, what doesn’t? I’d also like to be caught up with any news/events that have happened on this site.

And lastly, here’s a topic to discuss about: Dreaming might be a key to finding out how time travel works, what’s your opinion on that?

TimeFlipper

Welcome to Paranormalis and your new family :)...
Perhaps you could read through our Time Travelling forum that covers a broad spectrum of matters regarding time travelling via dreaming (y)

Mayhem

Zenith
Welcome to the forum have fun here:)

You didn't mention what part May 2021 plays in your future?

samzeman

As a kid I’ve always loved time travel, I’ve dreamt of it and imagined it. Always wanting it to be real, hoping some traveler themselves would randomly come up to me someday and recruit me.
Ive always wanted time travel for my own selfish needs wether it be to fix mistakes I’ve made in life or become perfect at a skill “instantly” to the viewers eyes. However, I also loved to fantasize how I could help others with time travel like stopping murders and figure out unsolved mysteries.

I really really relate to you there.... It's always been one of my favourite things to think about. The possibilities are almost endless for what you could do, even with a single one way trip.

My biggest goal (if I were to ever time travel) is to expose the crimes the 1% of the richest humans have made, and the connections they have with smaller companies, monopoly companies, and even nations.
These are my priorities:
  1. Expose the 1%

I wouldn't expose them, I'd try to engineer a system in which the criteria for becoming massively rich weren't "be more cruel and better at outsmarting people". It would really be tough to come up with a good government that couldn't turn bad, since after all it doesn't seem like any government today has managed it and no system that people talk about seems robust enough. Even the systems I'd want in place today, I realise in the span of 100 years can really turn bad. There's honestly no way to garauntee anything in the major long term.

I had the idea that terraforming might be your best bet. If you make an environment where large towns are impossible, and waging war on other places is seriously difficult, hopefully that would result in a series of (on average) ethical communes, since when everyone knows each other the government is a lot easier to manage and make democratic. Some would be horrible places but most would be alright. Of course then it's hard to make progress since humans really only power up when we are in larger groups. As I said every system has some problems.

Your solution might actually be a good idea honestly - changing relatively little is a good way to come back to a world you recognise and can deal with. Although you would probably have to be careful to protect yourself... the 1% crosses a lot of lines to keep themselves safe, and I'm not being too far out saying that. Ahem, Jeffery Epstein.

1. Solve mysteries
  2. May 2021
  3. Selfish stuff

Yesss. I'd go scan in the library of alexandria, video someone making damascus steel, etc. There are a lot of parts of history that are lost forever. Hell, if I could bring a single live dinosaur back that would basically double our understanding or our certainty of what dinosaurs were like. Palaeontology sometimes doesn't even need any fossil to predict a dinosaur species existing, or they have a fragment of bone a few centimeters long that looks like nothing to anyone that doesn't study it. A live dinosaur would answer so many questions.

May 2021 is cool. I can guess some reasons why you'd want to pass what seems like an arbitrary length of time. I'd be the same save for some people I know who I would have to leave in the past.

Selfish stuff I totally get and is the main reason for time travel for me tbh. After I use my time travel to sabotage oil industries throughout history until people just realise that renewables are less costly, or something, I would go back and meet people from my past who I miss, and make a lot of money.

I think we're a lot on the same page about time travel, though I am quite skeptical that it's even possible and am mostly just here for interesting hypothetical discussion (and collecting schematics so that one day I can make a youtube channel of trying them all out lol)