I Almost Saw My First UFO

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I was excited last night at 8:59pm. I thought I saw a UFO for the first time. Technically, it was a UFO until I identified it. I looked out the window and saw a white light like an airplane, except it was going up and down and all over the place. It disappeared, so I went back outside and it came back briefly. It had a whirring noise and when I red light appeared on top, I knew it was a toy.

Oh well. Maybe one day.

Martian

Something similar happened to me once. I was outside and saw a glowing light the color of a flame moving slowly horizontally through the sky. Then I realized it was a Chinese lantern. We don't even have a China on Mars! Freaking amateurs. :rolleyes:

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Something similar happened to me once. I was outside and saw a glowing light the color of a flame moving slowly horizontally through the sky. Then I realized it was a Chinese lantern. We don't even have a China on Mars! Freaking amateurs. :rolleyes:

It can happen. The reason why I did the report is because I'm not 100% sure it was a toy. It came from far away because it started out as a dot. I don't know how far those drones can fly, so I figure I'll just let MUFON decide.

Wind7

Staff
Could it have been a drone of some sort?

Back in 1981 two friends of mine came to my door knocking furiously, I asked them what was up and they both replied," we just saw a UFO you've got to come quickly!" So dropping everything, I went along with them to a parking spot that was deep in the woods but was made into a clearing.

So we arrive there in their car and they pointed over the edge of a tree line, up in the sky beyond the tree line I would guess approximately 5/6 miles away just on the horizon was an orange(ish) light moving up and down and then side to side then up and down and then tried to go up into the air and came right back down at an angle.

I was floored!

It wasn't more than a half an hour watching this go on when 3 helicopters all with their search lights on surrounded whatever it was.

The 'official' word was it was just a weather balloon.

I was 17 at the time and I still remember the incident clearly.

Weather balloon... Right.

I still don't have a clue what it actually was...but it certainly was not a balloon!

TimeFlipper

Could it have been a drone of some sort?

Back in 1981 two friends of mine came to my door knocking furiously, I asked them what was up and they both replied," we just saw a UFO you've got to come quickly!" So dropping everything, I went along with them to a parking spot that was deep in the woods but was made into a clearing.

So we arrive there in their car and they pointed over the edge of a tree line, up in the sky beyond the tree line I would guess approximately 5/6 miles away just on the horizon was an orange(ish) light moving up and down and then side to side then up and down and then tried to go up into the air and came right back down at an angle.

I was floored!

It wasn't more than a half an hour watching this go on when 3 helicopters all with their search lights on surrounded whatever it was.

The 'official' word was it was just a weather balloon.

I was 17 at the time and I still remember the incident clearly.

Weather balloon... Right.

I still don't have a clue what it actually was...but it certainly was not a balloon!
Probably it was Dawg trying out one of his anti-gravity Harley Davidsons :D
Seriously tho, the old "weather balloon" statement was and still is a classic cover up..Perhaps it was lucky that the 3 choppers didnt see you and your friends there..:cool:

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
It was probably my HOA, who picks on my house the most because my hub won't take care of it. I seriously wouldn't put it past them trying out a drone with a camera and testing it out that night. The president (dictator) is THAT bad. Let's put it this way --- He tore down all the pine trees to put up palm trees when we desperately need another sidewalk. We only have a sidewalk on one side. What a waste of money. The HOA also told us we had 2 weeks to wax our mailbox or we'd get fined. I thought perhaps a good shave would be better. Ok...getting off topic. Thanks for letting me vent. :)