Confirmed Hoax I Am Immortal

Samstwitch

This is not the Apocrypha Scripture that I was referring to, but it's something on Cain's death...

WIKIPEDIA, CAIN AND ABEL: "Despite these later traditional beliefs of perpetual wandering, according to the earlier Book of Jubilees (chapter 4) Cain settled down, marrying his sister, Awan, resulting in his first son, Enoch (considered to be different from the more famous Enoch), approximately 196 years after the creation of Adam. Cain then established the first city, naming it after his son, built a house, and lived there until it collapsed on him, killing him in the same year that Adam died.

countrcultur

I don't want to be the one to pick apart his posts for the inconsistencies, contradictions and obvious misuse of language in an attempt to use uncommon words. So I won't..

JasperMoon

This is interesting, but I believe the person who asked the question is referring to the question asked of Jesus in one of the 4 gospels. He was asked about John, if he was going to remain on the earth until he returns. Jesus replied what is it to you if I have him stay or not. Go about your way . . .

Some believe this is referring to John the beloved of Jesus was given immortality until he returns. I read somewhere many years ago, even though it says John died at 90 on the Island of Patmos, his body was never found, his grave is empty.
Take of it what you will. I do believe the story. So did Gene Roddenberry or he wouldn't have written about it on Star Trek.

Rosco..Jones

A quick test for an immortal, would be to provide them with a written statement and have it translated into the numerous languages they have learned.

Off topic: Regarding the Bible, I am curious as to why there are only books by the apostles, but not one by Jesus. I believe that the words of Jesus himself would be more enlightening, than books written later from memory by apostles.

Sorry about drifting on this. Just a short answer or two please. This is not something that should go on in this thread.

BlastTyrant

A quick test for an immortal, would be to provide them with a written statement and have it translated into the numerous languages they have learned.

Off topic: Regarding the Bible, I am curious as to why there are only books by the apostles, but not one by Jesus. I believe that the words of Jesus himself would be more enlightening, than books written later from memory by apostles.

Sorry about drifting on this. Just a short answer or two please. This is not something that should go on in this thread.
" Because", there's my short answer :D

titorite

Nobody asked him about his names.... You were supposed to do that. Eldermann is just one play.... I'm sure John T parte is another.

You people I swear.... I complain that I watch too much TV.... I know the reference he was basing eveything off of. It is an indie flick about a dude that comes forward to a small group of his friends that he is indeed immortal.

All of you the spoke with our "immortal" I invite you to check out "the man from earth" (2007) Netflix, torrents, An actually video rental store, How ever you get it, GET IT. THen watch and enjoy.

Peregrini

Titorite; I saw this one too. It was a fair movie, only fair, until it careened off into religion. When he made an outrageous claim, I was done.
This premise, tell a few close friends, has been used several times in "immortal" stories.
I made an edit. Sorry titorite

titorite

Titorite; I saw this one too. It was a fair movie, only fair, until it careened off into religion. When he claimed to "be" Jesus, I was done.
This premise, tell a few close friends, has been used several times in "immortal" stories.

DUDE!!!! Spoiler alert!

I hope you kept on watching.... I loved the ending.

On a side note... Do you know how cells metabolise hydrogen we get from water we drink?