I Am Leaving

Phoenix

I Am Leaving

bb boris
Posted: Jun 18 2004, 12:14 AM

Dear Earthling friends,

As time-travel enthusiasts, you know the various characteristics of time. Depending upon your chosen perspective, it is cyclical, it is linear, it is multi-layered, it is abstract, it is fluid, it is static, it is illusory etc, etc. In all cases however, it is non-constant, or to be more precise, things must change, things must pass. Bacteria and galaxies alike are subject to a life and d'eath cycle that is as implacable as the force of gravity.

Although I like to think that during the three decades I have spent in this time I have adjusted reasonably well to local mores, the spectacle of senseless conflict is one that still upsets my 41st-century sensibilities. And this includes all conflict, big and small. Perhaps it comes from the fact that we are brought up from the very cradle to fear it. To us, there is no such thing as insignificant conflict. Our collective subconscious is still scarred by the near-fatal nightmares that your generation visited upon our species with your antics.

During my stay on this forum, I have tried my best to explain this, among other matters. I know for a fact that my words have been heard by many of you, but the fact also remains that many are unable to see the direct relationship existing between the conflict that is going on among some members of this forum and the conflict taking place in, say, Iraq. It is all the same, Earthlings. Until you understand this, you are doomed to live out the terrible events that I have quoted from our history books.

Please understand I am making no judgements here. There is merely a tragic inevitability to the historical process that has led me to make a decision.

I have been sollicited by all sides engaged in this conflict to, basically, choose a side - there is no other way of describing it. You will understand, I'm sure, that I cannot do this. Furthermore, there is only one thing that I can do. I shall leave this forum and all the other Internet forums I am part of, and join no others. I need to meditate upon the purpose of my having entered cyberspace in the first place, and upon the usefulness of such action if any.

Any of you who wish to continue asking me questions are very welcome, naturally. In fact, I look forward to continuing the conversations between us, for they truly warm my heart. You may do this via the e'mail us button on my website (see signature).

Farewell, Earthlings.

May the Love be with You.

BB Boris.

Phoenix

I Am Leaving

This is a great loss to both boards and worthy of reflection.

Jimbomonkeypie

I Am Leaving

Boris was a fantastic contribution to the TTF, it is very sad to see him go. His wise and, as strange as it may sound, noble words often left me with complete satisfaction over anything that he was explaining. I dont know why, but reading his posts always made me feel...fulfilled, in a way.

He will be greatly missed.