I am my highest authority, judge and guide. Who is yours?

Gnostic Christian

I am my highest authority, judge and guide. Who is yours?

As a Gnostic Christian, I follow the esoteric teachings of Jesus.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

This fits perfectly with the bibles teachings that we are to judge all things and hold to the good.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

This is a compulsion to be our own masters instead of just kowtowing to someone else’s opinions.

This is also why Christians used their inquisitions on us. Freedom of thought was not allowed by Christianity.

A concept and freedom that Christians now seem to promote.

Many Christians follow the teachings of, to us, a genocidal and infanticidal demiurge, Yahweh.

How Christians can see him as a good god is beyond me and Christians shy away from any apologetics as to why they think such a satanic god is good.

I see my judgements as more moral than that immoral demiurge and that is why I have rejected him for Jesus.

Do you follow 1 Thessalonians 5:21, or do you let someone else do your judging for you?

Regards
DL

start at edge

Your first sentence was this:
“I am my highest authority, judge and guide.”
.. and it contradicts and reduces to zero
all the rest that follows, especially this:
“As a Gnostic Christian, I follow the esoteric teachings of Jesus.”
If you are your own highest judge and guide, then why do
you follow any other teachings than your own ???
I think it is a bad thing being a religious fanatic,
regardless of what religion we refer to.

Gnostic Christian

I think it is a bad thing being a religious fanatic,

So do I. Great minds think alike.

“As a Gnostic Christian, I follow the esoteric teachings of Jesus.”

Humans are near perfect mimics, perhaps only bested by monkeys. They are better at innovation.

You follow someone's thinking and teachings without thinking of yourself as a fanatic to their teachings, so why use that word for me?

The fact that we are esoteric ecumenists and universalists basically prevents us from being fanatical about anything.

In my case, I may take my hate against the supernatural believing mainstream religions too close to fanaticism. I like to be fanatical to harm reduction and the bastards in Christianity and Islam that are homophobic and misogynous.

I do not mind being fanatical towards their evil ways as long as all that I say is the truth.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian

Shame about armeggedon online aint it? Welcome here i guess.

I think they were the masters of their own demise.

Many boards seem to be having problems because of the poor quality of the Christian apologists who just seem to throw insults at those who disagree with them instead of giving decent arguments.

I have noted that the religious trolls who do that or are forever just thumping are being banned, where in the past, it was more the non-believers who got the axe.

There used to be some decent big boards but now it seems it is more smaller private boards. I manage to stay active enough though.

Regards
DL