I bought a duck

HackimerRob

I bought a duck

CaryP, I knew I could count on you. Thanks very much, this is EXACTLY the kind of info I was looking for. Much obliged and you're invited to come on up and share in the dinner if you want to make your way to N Y C probably the week after the convention.

The RNC.

Yeah. If we make it through.

See ya!

CaryP

I bought a duck

Rob,

I would love to visit you in NYC, but it's not in the cards, and we'd probably need 3 or 4 ducks if I showed up. Stay out of trouble with the RNC. I know you want to do the protester thing, but be careful. The PTB will be jailing a lot of people over this thing. Remember this is Bush's deal, and he's not up to any protestors. If you insist on doing that, make sure that someone knows to alert us here to get you out of a legal jam. I ain't kidding. This is serious stuff. I don't want to see you jailed for who knows how long because of your political protests, but under the circumstances we are in could see you fall down the hole of "he ain't gittin out til hell freezes over." I wouldn't want to see you end up that way. The neocons are not about to let some political protestors disrupt the Bush coronation. Be careful is all I ask. Be cool.

Once duck season is over, you and your family are invited here for some great duck gumbo, pot roasted duck, and fried duck breast. Absolutely wonderful during our "winter" which is probably similar to your fall. Be we pretend anyway. Duck season ends in mid January. Stay out of jail. If you can't make it down, I can send you some frozen cooked duck. My wife is a Yankee from Chicago, but she learned to cook Cajun real well. Peace out.

Cary

HackimerRob

I bought a duck

If you're near Nawlins man, I've never been and this Feb/March there was talk of a trip. Love to stop on over.

As far as the protesting, I don't know how it's going to go down, but I'm fairly certain that the way to avoid being arrested is to not be violent or resistant to police commands. They tell you to step back, you step back, don't throw any punches or light anything on fire. Hey, these cops, some of them are my family, and friends, and they don't want to struggle either. They don't want hassle. Okay, they've got the adrenaline rush, and protesters do to, but I have to be certain I'm going to keep my cool. Besides, I'm going into it with my lady, and I don't want any harm to come to her at all, much less getting arrested. I have some friends that are not going to protest and I will leave this URL with them to be sure they come and let you all know that I've been scooped up if it happens. I don't think it will happen. This ain't the 70's, and we ain't drug addicts. :)

CaryP

I bought a duck

Rob,

I'm about 75 miles west/north west of N'awlins d'awlin (Yat speake). I can be there in about an hour plus. If you're going to be there, let me know. I'll meet you for a drink or 12. You're right this ain't the 1970's. It's something much worse. Be careful and don't get your ass arrested. These boys ain't playin' around. They intend on rounding up all dissidents, including you if you so choose to be in their sights.

Cary

HackimerRob

I bought a duck

I will, and I will. I promise. My instructions will be left to notify y'all, just in case I don't come home and they don't tell anyone.

Snow

I bought a duck

If you never come back, Rob, can I have the duck? Please. Pretty please? :lol:

SFW

Judge Bean

I bought a duck

Boy, this sure did take a serious turn from the duck recipes. The Republican National Circus is on everyone's mind.

Note to Rob: The police consider any act of disobedience an act of resistance, and any refusal to be where they want you to be or any presence where they don't want you to be an act of disobedience. Disobedience and resistance to the police equal acts of violence against them. So, if you are ordered to git, git, or go, go.

StarLord

I bought a duck

I second that sentiment. Do NOT fool with police at a time like this, they will be there for just 2 things. Taking names (you do not want your name on a list at this kind of thing / nor do you want your name on a list at this time of the year) & Kicking Ass. I would venture that they have been given card blanc and a zero tolerance when it come to unrully crowds. Why not just stay in a Hotel close by and watch every thing on the Tube, and you can still feel like you were really there, which you were, just not in the thick of things. I dont want to have to eat that Duck with all our friends here and the owner is missing.

Ralan

I bought a duck

Even better, get a hotel REAL close by and through foul smelling liquids out of the window.