I Explain Time

I Explain Time

I stumbled upon this internet forum and man, as a time traveller, you guys have time travel and how time works, in general, all wrong.
Just to make things clear, John Titor, as well as every self-proclaimed time traveller, are all fakes. All of them. And to be clearer, you don't have to believe me either, that's fine. I'm just here to explain what really happens when you time travel. And for the record, I don't develop time machines and I don't really know what they're made out of. I just know what happens to you when you time travel, as I am just a consumer of time travel.

Although I'm sure most of you know better than this, meeting yourself in the past will not cause the whole world to be erased or something. Nothing happens. Thinking that this is true is just applying human values to physics, and that doesn't exactly work. All that happened when you time travelled was the following: a bunch of particles (you) was displaced and put somewhere else in spacetime. This bunch of particles (you) meeting another bunch of particles (old you) would only result in each bunch of particles (both of yourself) processing information about each other because of certain particles within each bunch (the brain). That's it.

As for the people in the "present," you have basically blinked out of existence. You are literally gone, with the exception of some residue. However, that's not an issue, because when the "past" catches up to the "present," you will have always been there. Well, two of you will have, unless in the past you stopped old you from existing. Which by the way, wouldn't stop you from existing.

Oh, by the way, you should know that the only way to skip to the future again is to travel nearby light speed.

Anyway, if you wanted to know about the nature of time, then I'll talk about that now.
So, as confusing as this sounds, everything in time happened at once. Now, you may say that's not time, because if it all happened at once, then time hasn't passed. Well, you're right. This whole thing with everything happening at once creates the illusion of time. If you're playing billiards, and you strike a ball the exact same way 100 times, all of the events on the table will happen the exact same way 100 times, right? A good enough computer can know EXACTLY where each ball will go. Well, replace billiards with literally every particle, and that is how time works, and the universe for that matter.

For another example, take a parabola. This curved line goes on forever and has no linear slope. However, if you were to look infinitely close at this parabola, you would see an infinite amount of infinitely small straight lines. If you were to look at time itself, you would see an infinite amount of infinitely brief moments. Each moment depends on what the last moment was, just as each slope of each tiny line depends on the last.

Time doesn't "move forward," but instead it doesn't move at all. The reason why we don't interpret time in any other way is that in the past, we have not processed the future. Therefore, we only know what happened before and at our current period of time at any given point in time.

This is slightly unrelated, but this is also the same reason why we view the world as ourselves. There is no such thing as a "self". Since our particles simply exist and are interacting with each other, and sending/receiving information, we therefore each have a perspective. You can not ever be somebody else, what you are is simply your particles, and as long as your particles are not a literal part of someone else, then you cannot view the world from their point of view.

I hope that answered/corrected multiple things about time.
And now that I think about it, the time traveller verification question "answer the question I haven't asked you yet" doesn't work. This literally assumes that they have a method of travelling light speed or have travelled here in the past and happened to remember what that was. You can't properly ask a question that would verify the accused of either being or not being a time traveller. Asking about future world events and such doesn't work either; their presence in the "past" alone could set off the butterfly effect to the point that the event happened differently OR didn't happen.

Sorry for going off on a tangent for some of this post. Anyways, like I stated before, any questions you have for me I will attempt to answer. Please ask your questions in the reply section rather than direct messaging, I believe that my knowledge should be shared rather than being directed toward one single person. If you REALLY don't understand something, even after asking in the reply section, then I would ask that you direct message me as to not clutter the thread.

Negan

THE member
Before I start, I do appreciate your formatting and general grammar. It was a pleasant read.

Now, here's the issues. You state that you're a time traveler, yet you provide no proof. You also state that you don't know how time machines work, or at least the one at your disposal. Very convenient. Traveling through time by going the speed, or very near speed of light is also nothing new. In fact they did it in "Star Trek The Voyage Home".

I also don't believe that any time traveler would stop by here on the forums. I have a feeling that if there truly are time travelers out there that they'd be occupied with doing either something important, or something more interesting than sitting in front of their computer writing anonymously on a forum.

I'll call bull, which the possibility is almost guaranteed.

I Explain Time

Before I start, I do appreciate your formatting and general grammar. It was a pleasant read.

Now, here's the issues. You state that you're a time traveler, yet you provide no proof. You also state that you don't know how time machines work, or at least the one at your disposal. Very convenient. Traveling through time by going the speed, or very near speed of light is also nothing new. In fact they did it in "Star Trek The Voyage Home".

I also don't believe that any time traveler would stop by here on the forums. I have a feeling that if there truly are time travelers out there that they'd be occupied with doing either something important, or something more interesting than sitting in front of their computer writing anonymously on a forum.

I'll call bull, which the possibility is almost guaranteed.

I've already said, but I am just a consumer. Time travel is really something that only the richest of the rich can afford to do, and I was provided with an amazing opportunity to try it. Time travel is an industry where I come from.

I should have elaborated more about going near the speed of light. In my era, there is no known way to go into the future without travelling nearby the speed of light, which is something that we haven't figured out yet. So, I was using it as the only known way to go into the future. Anyways, going back in time is much more complicated than theoretically going into the future. I really just don't know how it works beyond something to do with energy from a mini black hole.

Anyways, if you time travelled from where I came from, you would do it for leisure, unless you had some sort of ulterior motive.
Personally, I just thought it would be cool, despite that not being the most wholesome reason.

Edit: I should mention that I do not own or operate the time machine used to get here.

Negan

THE member
And what prevents someone from going back to the 30's and giving Hitler modern day history books about WWII? Or giving him schematics for modern day weaponry?

Does this guy try to stop you?
Timecop_640.jpg

But seriously, I'm not falling for it.

In my era, there is no known way to go into the future without travelling nearby the speed of light, which is something that we haven't figured out yet. So, I was using it as the only known way to go into the future..

And cracks in the story already start to show themselves. So the only way to go back, is via the speed of light created by a mini black hole. Yet, you can't do this yet because "it's something that we haven't figured out yet".

Another one for the hoax pile. (n)

Kairos

This is the way I think of time. It's just one thing. Paradoxes are not really possible. What happens happens, and what does not happen, cannot happen. Time travel paradoxes are a violation of the law of noncontradiction. Something cannot be true and false at the same time. An event cannot both exist and not exist. The only way around this view of time is to posit something like a multiverse (Copenhagen interpretation) in the spirit of John Titor, but I have personal reasons to doubt that is the case (though I am a huge fan of Titor).

Kairos

My main criticism of the OP is that getting back to the future, presumably, would involve either acceleration or gravity, not just gravity. Gravity and acceleration are essentially the same in effect.

So, taking his premise at face value, one could posit that a sufficiently advanced civilization in the future could build something like what we today call UFOs that would travel to a previous point in time, but in order to get back to their origin, they'd need to do some kind of circuit between here and a nearby star. As long as the ship maintains constant acceleration, time relative to Earth will be very different.

titorite

IDK qrons16 nailed some economic predictions to the decimal point and the date.... and predicting the DOW is impossible down to a decimal point unless you know when exactly a crash is gonna be.... I mean that fucker nailed it along with a few other things.

Negan

THE member
Being unable to know a future event does disqualify one from being a time traveler.

His story is in shambles, really. The major tell is how he claims that they go back in time for leisure but can't return to the future because they haven't figured it out yet. (So people buy a one way ticket to the stone ages for fun? Give me a break.)

Secondly, if they go back in time what's to stop them from seriously f***ing up the future? Whose going to stop them from giving Hitler the nuclear bomb plans?

It's just a fantasy story much like everyone else's.