I thought of something while talking with a friend.

Does anyone want to hear more about the other topics me and my friend discuss?

• Yes

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Jikan Yugami

I'm sure that many of you have also had the same idea as me, but I haven't seen it discussed about on the forum. I will set the stage first with some context, me and my friend, whose name I will not disclose for privacy reasons, were having a deep intellectual conversation discussing many random topics such as space, time, evolution, and how life came to be. Though for this specific subject I will discuss the Time side of the conversation, We were discussing what Time might be and what all it could be connected to and I saw part of our discussion pop up in the forum in the TT Discovery? thread (link: https://paranormalis.com/threads/tt-discovery.15663/page-2 ).
@Treversal mentioned the following "And would your time change (making you younger or older) or would you stay the same..." (I cut out the rest of the question as it is not related to my discussion with my friend). I did not respond on the thread as I felt a separate thread would be a more appropriate way to approach this topic.

Anyways back on topic, We talked a little about Time and came to the conclusion that time is in fact, not connected to our life span, I believe that if we were to travel through a wormhole for example, we would not age. My reasoning for this is because the cause of our aging is caused by the decay of our DNA, and it being unable to continue to reconstruct the cells perfectly, leading to our bodies to wither and eventually die. I don't see how an acceleration of time could possibly affect our life span. It's like when we fly, our bodies don't get older when we break the sound barrier. Although I could just not be seeing the whole picture yet as we only have theories on wormholes as of right now and have yet to observe the effects of one. Although one more thing, if we were to travel through one, why would only organic material age, would the ship not age and fall apart as well? Anyways that is all I really want to say.

In conclusion I don't think that our bodies are connected to time and Time is a completely separate item entirely. I'm sure I could have given better examples and that I probably explained my views poorly, but I hope you understand what I am trying to say regardless of my lack of articulateness.

Thank you for tuning in to your Everyday Mad Scientist

Last edited:

samzeman

As a rule, if your body is experiencing time, your brain is as well (since it's part of your body...), excluding unconsciousness. So, if the time travel appears instant to you, then I would say it follows that it's instant to your body, and if it takes 1 second to go through a wormhole, you age by one second.

It's a bit of a simplistic view but it works ¯\(ツ)

Jikan Yugami

As a rule, if your body is experiencing time, your brain is as well (since it's part of your body...), excluding unconsciousness. So, if the time travel appears instant to you, then I would say it follows that it's instant to your body, and if it takes 1 second to go through a wormhole, you age by one second.

It's a bit of a simplistic view but it works ¯\(ツ)

I get that, but why does it happen like that? Time is seen as a fourth dimension along with the three spatial dimensions, so how does it connect to something physical like our bodies. Its really hard to put down in words on keyboard because I don't know how to exactly explain my views, but I feel like time is not associated with physical matter. I think it is its own thing that can only connect with space, hence space-time being a thing. I really would like people to help me out with my studies, it is very hard to explain what I am trying to say. Time is such a hard subject to tackle alone and I feel like I'm getting nowhere and I'm stuck in a loop (heh loop, time-loop. Joke not intended).

samzeman

I get that, but why does it happen like that? Time is seen as a fourth dimension along with the three spatial dimensions, so how does it connect to something physical like our bodies. Its really hard to put down in words on keyboard because I don't know how to exactly explain my views, but I feel like time is not associated with physical matter. I think it is its own thing that can only connect with space, hence space-time being a thing. I really would like people to help me out with my studies, it is very hard to explain what I am trying to say. Time is such a hard subject to tackle alone and I feel like I'm getting nowhere and I'm stuck in a loop (heh loop, time-loop. Joke not intended).

Huh, it's probably somewhat over my head.... but yes, time is a quality of space, proven by how gravity distorts space which slows time. I guess the question you're asking with:
I get that, but why does it happen like that?
is "why do wormholes allow instant travel", and the answer to that is like, super complicated and can only be expressed through analogies like this one in my experience.... unless you can think in 4d lol.

Time is the measurement of movement through space, relative to a standard backdrop of fairly consistent distances (as in, going the same distance usually takes the same speed no matter where you are). If you measure speed based on the regular distances that most people use to measure speed, then going through a wormhole is the same as going at a speed much faster than light. If you think about it like that, it makes some kind of sense. You just have to ignore the method used to travel that fast, because it doesn't /technically/ involve going that fast relative to the thing actually moving, and it's cutting-edge difficult-to-think-about science....

That's what I think apparently. lol

Jikan Yugami

Huh, it's probably somewhat over my head.... but yes, time is a quality of space, proven by how gravity distorts space which slows time. I guess the question you're asking with:

is "why do wormholes allow instant travel", and the answer to that is like, super complicated and can only be expressed through analogies like this one in my experience.... unless you can think in 4d lol.

Time is the measurement of movement through space, relative to a standard backdrop of fairly consistent distances (as in, going the same distance usually takes the same speed no matter where you are). If you measure speed based on the regular distances that most people use to measure speed, then going through a wormhole is the same as going at a speed much faster than light. If you think about it like that, it makes some kind of sense. You just have to ignore the method used to travel that fast, because it doesn't /technically/ involve going that fast relative to the thing actually moving, and it's cutting-edge difficult-to-think-about science....

That's what I think apparently. lol
Ah I see now. Though that isn't the question I was asking, I understand wormholes better, I will watch the video at my earliest convenience. The question I was asking is why does traveling in a wormhole age us, but traveling normally doesn't?

samzeman

Ah I see now. Though that isn't the question I was asking, I understand wormholes better, I will watch the video at my earliest convenience. The question I was asking is why does traveling in a wormhole age us, but traveling normally doesn't?

It doesn't age you, I thought...?

Jikan Yugami

It doesn't age you, I thought...?
Clearly I have misunderstood what you have been trying to say. I hear people talk about wormholes as if they age you is you use them and that cryogenics is needed to solve that issue. Though it appears we agree that time does not effect the body and I was mistaken on your views. My bad mate.

dexter1993

I'm sure that many of you have also had the same idea as me, but I haven't seen it discussed about on the forum. I will set the stage first with some context, me and my friend, whose name I will not disclose for privacy reasons, were having a deep intellectual conversation discussing many random topics such as space, time, evolution, and how life came to be. Though for this specific subject I will discuss the Time side of the conversation, We were discussing what Time might be and what all it could be connected to and I saw part of our discussion pop up in the forum in the TT Discovery? thread (link: https://paranormalis.com/threads/tt-discovery.15663/page-2 ).
@Treversal mentioned the following "And would your time change (making you younger or older) or would you stay the same..." (I cut out the rest of the question as it is not related to my discussion with my friend). I did not respond on the thread as I felt a separate thread would be a more appropriate way to approach this topic.

Anyways back on topic, We talked a little about Time and came to the conclusion that time is in fact, not connected to our life span, I believe that if we were to travel through a wormhole for example, we would not age. My reasoning for this is because the cause of our aging is caused by the decay of our DNA, and it being unable to continue to reconstruct the cells perfectly, leading to our bodies to wither and eventually die. I don't see how an acceleration of time could possibly affect our life span. It's like when we fly, our bodies don't get older when we break the sound barrier. Although I could just not be seeing the whole picture yet as we only have theories on wormholes as of right now and have yet to observe the effects of one. Although one more thing, if we were to travel through one, why would only organic material age, would the ship not age and fall apart as well? Anyways that is all I really want to say.

In conclusion I don't think that our bodies are connected to time and Time is a completely separate item entirely. I'm sure I could have given better examples and that I probably explained my views poorly, but I hope you understand what I am trying to say regardless of my lack of articulateness.

Thank you for tuning in to your Everyday Mad Scientist
i will answer your question , time in one of the 9 dimensions , and its not part of your body, if time stops , then you cant get oxygen and u die so in short , but without it we cant exist , how can your dna decay if time dosent exist ? yes if you travel true a wormhole you wont age , theory say u disintegrate or go to another time , but you wont age , i dont get this ,our bodies dont get older when we break the sound barrier ? if you try to break the sound barrier with your body chances are than your body wont be able to take the pressure and fall apart , you wont age tough - here a video you might like -

Jikan Yugami

i will answer your question , time in one of the 9 dimensions , and its not part of your body, if time stops , then you cant get oxygen and u die so in short , but without it we cant exist , how can your dna decay if time dosent exist ? yes if you travel true a wormhole you wont age , theory say u disintegrate or go to another time , but you wont age , i dont get this ,our bodies dont get older when we break the sound barrier ? if you try to break the sound barrier with your body chances are than your body wont be able to take the pressure and fall apart , you wont age tough - here a video you might like -
I appreciate the help dexter, but although I enjoyed the movie Lucie, I did not see it as viable for any information whatsoever as it had many things unexplained and just from a scientific standpoint made no logical sense.