I want to change my Username but need help making a new one.

Jikan Yugami

Call me childish, but I'm trying to create a new name for myself, I consider myself a bit of a mad scientist for personality reasons, but I want to create a unique name for publishing and other things of that matter as well as a new username. Can I get the community here to help me out please? If I were to become successful in my studies and create time travel, then I want to have a proper name for myself. I also don't want to link it back to my family so that's why I don't just use my own birth name.

samzeman

I'm considering completely nuking/casting off my current online identity (since it has roots in me, age 12, which means it will have some stupid stuff in its history...) and coming up with a new one, and what I do to think of a new username is go here: Random Word and pick a word I really like, like maelstrom, or lachrymose, or becquerel or something. Though I don't know if they're on that website, they're just my favourites. Then use Namechk | Username, Domain & Trademark Search to figure out if anyone else is using that username across the board. That's what I do ;P

Jikan Yugami

I'm considering completely nuking/casting off my current online identity (since it has roots in me, age 12, which means it will have some stupid stuff in its history...) and coming up with a new one, and what I do to think of a new username is go here: Random Word and pick a word I really like, like maelstrom, or lachrymose, or becquerel or something. Though I don't know if they're on that website, they're just my favourites. Then use Namechk | Username, Domain & Trademark Search to figure out if anyone else is using that username across the board. That's what I do ;P
That will be handy for other reasons, but I'm talking about a normal type name, one to replace my birth name.

samzeman

Oops, in that case, you can literally copy the name of someone you respect, if you feel like you can fill those boots. That's what I would do.

captainawesome1701

My son recently asked for help with a nom de plume to use for his short movies. We came up with quite a few but he rejected my favorite: O.K. Carpenter
Orson Wells
Stanley Kubrick
John Carpenter

I don't have a suggestion other than if you are legally changing it (in the U.S) the judge will require more reason than "My current name is tied to all my social media and I would like to change it in order to build a profile that better reflects my present persona."

Good luck