If atoms are 99.9999% empty space...

Num7

Administrator
Staff
If atoms are 99.9999% empty space... Doesn't that mean that most things around us (us included) are made mostly of empty space? Yet, we exist. Those things exist... from our perspective at least.

Kinda like a video game character living in a pixel world, atoms are our pixels!

That again raises the question... Are we in a virtual simulation?

Remnant

It's , depending of which segments and paradigms of the system we speak of , honestly both a simulation and a prison. However it's not a simulation in the sense of the well known matrix theory , it's more akin to a simulation conducted in real life and in real time by a scientist or other such person.

And yes, we are comprised of mostly empty space as are the atoms that make us up, and yes atoms could be likened to pixels. I don't quite follow , however , what the empty space has to do with atoms being our pixels and thus us living within a simulation.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I wonder what kind of scientist would run a simulation as complex and huge as our whole universe! Unless a lot of our observable universe is a background environment, with the simulation being limited to earth.

I put emphasis on the empty space, as to show that what seems solid and real, is, in theory, made almost exclusively of empty space.

I made a parallel comparing atoms to pixels, because pixels are the building blocks of the virtual realities we humans are able to create right now, like games.

TimeFlipper

The empty space within the enclosure of an atom could be created by "Time" (My personal idea that time creates space and spaces to prevent everything happening at once)

And therefore it allows the .0001% of information left, to exist and expand with extra information as everything in the universe evolves..

Therefore in my humble opinion, an atom could be both a virtual simulation (manufactured by God Man or Alien), or a process of natural progression within our universe (created by chance)..