If I were to somehow actually time travel but only to the past, how could I prove it?

Mako

I know it's something simple like "just tell us what happens in your future", but that obviously has some problems like people not believing you, the butterfly effect, or some unforeseen paradox or force that stops you. Is there any other alternative way to prove yourself if any of those three conditions ever happen?

TimeFlipper

I know it's something simple like "just tell us what happens in your future", but that obviously has some problems like people not believing you, the butterfly effect, or some unforeseen paradox or force that stops you. Is there any other alternative way to prove yourself if any of those three conditions ever happen?

It is very simple actually...On Paranormalis we use the "Einstein Proof", which is what a Paranormalis member of that name came up with..
Lets say for example you go forward 1 week in time....When you come back to the present, now for example, and tell us what the headlines on 3 different newspapers are, and if you are correct when those 3 newspapers are printed, then yes you have indeed travelled forward in time...Simples :cool:....By the way, you did mention the future in your question, not the past that you put in your thread title ;)..

Last edited:

NIXIE

Take recent ID and money/currency(coins or bills) or even recently published books, or recent technology like a cell phone... That should be enough for people of the past to believe you.

Mako

By the way, you did mention the future in your question, not the past that you put in your thread title ;)
I mentioned the future because it's supposed to quote what you guys would've said. I said you might say something like "Tell us what happens in your future" because to you I would be from the future but in reality, I only traveled to the past.

Mako

Take recent ID and money/currency(coins or bills) or even recently published books, or recent technology like a cell phone... That should be enough for people of the past to believe you.
People could say they're forged. What then?

scott93257

Like someone said, take devices such as cell phones, iPads, anything that is foreign to the time period. Just don't go back to the 1600's. They will think you are a witch or warlock because of our technology and burn you at the stake! Take a GoPro or something to document your experience. IF a device uses an electromagnetic field as a system for time travel, similar to what I have, you have to make sure to enclose the camera in a copper housing as the EMF will destroy any data on the camera. The same goes for the devices on hand.