If you could travel back in time...

Kairos

@Kairos Nope, you cant go forward in time in this thread, therefore you would have to do without that longevity vaccine including the diseases and genetic disorder cures..:D.
Secondly if you went back to 1099, you could not make penance for all the things that you did in the 1990s, simply because in 1099 you had not yet done those things that you did in the 1990s...;)

And thirdly if the OP of this thread mean that we could only ever go "back in time", then you would be staying in 1099 (unless you wanted to go back further in time), which would mean that i would be placed in 1967 but could still see Caroline Munro in the 1970s because i would be moving forward in time in a natural progressive manner....However, you could enjoy New Years Eve 1099 and see the beginning of 1100, now lets look at history and see what happened in the 1100s :unsure::oops:..

Yeah, I'd rather be sitting around writing code in a cube farm for the rest of my life than fighting in the crusade.. Terrible times indeed.

iu

Last edited:

Peaceseeker

...where would you go? What would you do?

This thread is about discussing the above. So feel free to share your plans.

Me? I'd go back to 1986 and tell my grandmother to get her liver checked and not to listen to the doctors when they say nothing is wrong, I'd also tell my grandfather to NOT get that lump in his lung checked as it turns out to be nothing, but checking costs him his life. I'd then tell my uncle to make sure he gets checked for cancer in early 2016 no matter how tired he is of doctors.

I'd then go sit down and watch some Saturday morning cartoons before traveling back.

That is a difficult question to answer . To speak to the folks of the past, could be one of the greatest feelings one could experience in a lifetime. So much to share , so much to learn from one another, and to be able to try and help make a positive difference.

i'd like to go back to , (probably an obvious answer here, and though i'm not sure still what to think about religion, while philosophy tends to draw towards my heart more) , anyhow, i'd like to go back and talk to Jesus, whomever or whatever he was. i'd ask for encouragement for life, and tell him of the struggles of the future, and ask , what could i do to help stop humans from having to struggle, and instead Live life ?
Whether he was the son of god or not, i am hoping he was a very understanding, kind , wise and prophetic man. And i would hope that by speaking with him, he'd somehow help think of an idea to help the world stop having to struggle, with each other, and instead Live together and grow together .

don't worry, i'm not trying to get religious if it does sound like it. i'm not trying to lol.

not trying to be mr perfect either, just sharing my true feelings.

:)

i'd also like to travel to the old west, to see what people thought back then about life , and freedom.

the 60's , to hang out with the hippies then, feel the peaceful shared attitude that they all had.

then to help my own family, i'd go back in time, and get help for them, so they wouldn't have had to go through what they did.

peace. sorry for the long answer, it was a Great question. :)

TimeFlipper

For all we know Time-Travel may contain certain ironies for the individual...For example, if you went back to the time of Jesus you might be within the body of the Roman soldier who took pity on Jesus and gave him a drink as he was dying on the cross...

titorite

Id go back to 1800 and use my modern day knowledge to build a fortune, THEN I would take that fortune to buy all the copper mines in the world before the Rothschilds do so I could corner the copper market and the transmission of electricity, then I would will it all to myself and travel forward to be the richest man on earth.

That or go back to the time of the building of the first civilisation to see how it fell.