IF YOU HAD THE MONEY

Treversal

I would do this one from Amasci that GabrielTeleport posted about.

Quote:

Back when I was about 14, something I had built did something I'd classify as odd. The circuit was simple: the DC-DC inverter salvaged out of an old xenon timing light, and one of those hoop-shaped UHF television antennas. I hooked the inverter to 12 volts DC from a wall adapter, and connected the high voltage/high frequency secondary to the two leads on the hoop. Surprisingly, the crude device didn't short out and go up in a fireball; and I could hear the inverter make a faint "whining" sound from the transformer laminations vibrating.

Somewhere along the line, I got the bright idea to stick something inside the loop and see what (if anyhthing) would happen - I expected at most some magnetic oddity. So I suspended an ordinary steel paper clip in the exact center of the ring with fine sewing thread, and plugged the circuit in. The paper clip developed a faint blue glow around it, and about ten or fifteen seconds in, IT VANISHED, leaving the sewing thread dangling free. Where did it go?
What makes this so odd? It's that when I reversed the polarity of the hoop (by doing the 'ol switcheroo of the two high voltage leads) and repowered the thing, the paper clip reappeared on the thread amidst a faint blue corona like it had the first time around. The paper clip appeared to be intact, and did not change temperature or exhibit any obvious metallurgical changes.
So this leaves the question: Where did the paperclip go anyway? Did it really "transport" to another physical location? Did it slip through our spacetime and end up in some kind of subspace domain or interfold layer? Did a quantum phase shift occur, putting it slightly out of phase with the dimension we exist in? Did it end up in another quantum reality; ie. an alternate universe? Or did it time-travel to some past or future point?
I think I can rule out a straight "transport" from one physical location to another; for the paperclip would have likely fallen on its side during the first half of transport and reappeared in a different physical orientation; assuming it reappeared at all. It might also come back very cold (from being briefly exposed to space, should it have been transported there).
Time travel also seems suspect; a very similar effect might have been observed upon its return - again, it might not even have been retrievable.
That still leaves the door wide open as to what may have happened to that paper clip after it vanished from the wire hoop.
About two weeks after this experiment, I came home from school one day to find the entire apparatus (which had been set up on a dresser) quite thoroughly destroyed; and I've never been able to re-create these results nor did I ever find out who smashed the piss out of it.

Has anybody else come across some wierd effects in some circuit they messed with, either intentionally or by accident - not counting the Bajak flux cap, of course.

Craig Johnson <toyletbowlbbs a worldnet.att.net>
Seattle, WA USA - Friday, January 21, 2000 at 03:37:35 (PST)

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
This would be back in the 80's. I built a radio controlled car. Back then everything was expensive for this sport. So I built my rc car from an old Barbie Corvette plastic body. I even assembled a Ni-Cad battery pack from scratch. I built the battery charger from scratch too. One day I was charging the battery pack and realized the time had slipped my mind. The charge time was 15 minutes at 4 amps. But I was late to turn off the charger. At 20 minutes I arrived to see the battery pack explode just as I walked into the garage. There was a funny smell in the air. At the scene of the explosion the battery pack was missing. I expected to see some type of carcass around somewhere in the garage. I scoured the whole garage for about an hour. No battery pack was found. It was about a week later I was walking by the spot where the accident happened. There it was! The battery pack carcass right in the spot where I was charging it a week before. It wasn't all there either. Just the outer shells of the Ni-Cad batteries. The insides were missing. I just figured overcharging the Ni-Cads had caused a temporal relocation forward in time.

TimeFlipper

This would be back in the 80's. I built a radio controlled car. Back then everything was expensive for this sport. So I built my rc car from an old Barbie Corvette plastic body. I even assembled a Ni-Cad battery pack from scratch. I built the battery charger from scratch too. One day I was charging the battery pack and realized the time had slipped my mind. The charge time was 15 minutes at 4 amps. But I was late to turn off the charger. At 20 minutes I arrived to see the battery pack explode just as I walked into the garage. There was a funny smell in the air. At the scene of the explosion the battery pack was missing. I expected to see some type of carcass around somewhere in the garage. I scoured the whole garage for about an hour. No battery pack was found. It was about a week later I was walking by the spot where the accident happened. There it was! The battery pack carcass right in the spot where I was charging it a week before. It wasn't all there either. Just the outer shells of the Ni-Cad batteries. The insides were missing. I just figured overcharging the Ni-Cads had caused a temporal relocation forward in time.
Could the problem of the exploding Ni-Cad have been the 4 amp charging current?...Fast charge would generally be about 1 amp or slightly less on Ni-Cads, if i remember correctly..

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Could the problem of the exploding Ni-Cad have been the 4 amp charging current?...Fast charge would generally be about 1 amp or slightly less on Ni-Cads, if i remember correctly..
No. Back then we would fast charge a Ni-Cad battery pack at the 4 amp rate for 15 minutes. The problem was I over charged them by going 20 minutes. I knew I had screwed up and was running to the garage to turn off the charger. They were only 1 amp hour batteries. By going that extra 5 minutes, I got the charge up to 1.33 amp hours. Ni-Cads get hot when over charged. As time went on manufacturers developed a temperature sensor that you could attach to the battery pack when charging. Kind of like a toaster that turns off at a particular temperature. They had timers for charging but that cost extra money.

TimeFlipper

No. Back then we would fast charge a Ni-Cad battery pack at the 4 amp rate for 15 minutes. The problem was I over charged them by going 20 minutes. I knew I had screwed up and was running to the garage to turn off the charger. They were only 1 amp hour batteries. By going that extra 5 minutes, I got the charge up to 1.33 amp hours. Ni-Cads get hot when over charged. As time went on manufacturers developed a temperature sensor that you could attach to the battery pack when charging. Kind of like a toaster that turns off at a particular temperature. They had timers for charging but that cost extra money.
I understood what you had said about the extra 5 minutes, but you threw me a curve ball by saying, "the insides were missing, i just figured overcharging the Nicads had caused a temporal relocation forward in time" (y):D....I was aware of the temperature sensors, i had several amateur radio transceivers for portable/mobile work back in the 1980s, although nowadays i use the small hand held transceivers that i dont need a large shoulder holster to put them into, they are small enough to fit perfectly and covertly into any of my pockets, and are fitted with a very small 7.4 volt battery :cool: :D..

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I understood what you had said about the extra 5 minutes, but you threw me a curve ball by saying, "the insides were missing, i just figured overcharging the Nicads had caused a temporal relocation forward in time" (y):D....I was aware of the temperature sensors, i had several amateur radio transceivers for portable/mobile work back in the 1980s, although nowadays i use the small hand held transceivers that i dont need a large shoulder holster to put them into, they are small enough to fit perfectly and covertly into any of my pockets, and are fitted with a very small 7.4 volt battery :cool: :D..

I wouldn't be surprised if the reason for using LiPo batteries now is because of the temporal relocation problem associated with Ni-Cads.

Just consider that most inventions are invented based on examples given by mother nature. So this avenue could be pursued by someone willing to research the Ni-Cad overcharging phenomena as a potential time machine propulsion engine. Obviously nickel and cadmium is the fuel that gets burned up to propel a time machine through time.

TimeFlipper

I wouldn't be surprised if the reason for using LiPo batteries now is because of the temporal relocation problem associated with Ni-Cads.

Just consider that most inventions are invented based on examples given by mother nature. So this avenue could be pursued by someone willing to research the Ni-Cad overcharging phenomena as a potential time machine propulsion engine. Obviously nickel and cadmium is the fuel that gets burned up to propel a time machine through time.
If you are trying to persuade me to overcharge any of my amateur radio transceivers Ni-Cads to prove your potential time machine propulsion engine, forget it my friend! :p :LOL:....May i respectfully suggest you go onto Ebay or Amazon to buy Ni-Cads for yourself :LOL:...joking..