Debate If you lived to 150 years would you have to go into hiding?

Mayhem

Zenith
If you lived to 150 years would you have to go into hiding?

Lets say a human goes past the normal life expectancy by a decent amount of years, lets say125-150years.

Apart from claiming how this might be possible what about the physical appearance of the person,

and such everyday things that he/she might have to encounter?

Discuss

Wind7

Staff
If you lived to 150 years would you have to go into hiding?

Lets say a human goes past the normal life expectancy by a decent amount of years, lets say125-150years.

Apart from claiming how this might be possible what about the physical appearance of the person,

and such everyday things that he/she might have to encounter?

Discuss

I don't think I have to worry about growing to be 150 Yrs old.

1643795918771.png But...If I did....................................I'd have to go into hiding or

I'd just end up in somebody's old junk drawer.

;)

Last edited:

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Okay, I cleaned up this thread to give it a second chance. It's an interesting subject that deserves to be discussed.

@TimeFlipper , as you're the one who turned it into a joke, which then started an argument with Mayhem, I'm blocking you from replying to this thread from now on.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Let's be excellent to each others.

Wind7

Staff

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
I thought about this thread while watching a vampire movie. Eternal life, and all... :)

If you didn't want to become a sideshow attraction, you'd need to maintain a low profile somehow. Relocating every decade or so.

You'd also have to factor in the diminished quality of life that often comes with old age. Would you need someone to care for you?

Imagine the world changing around you, feeling foreign to you after so many years. You'd likely outlive your own children, everyone you loved... What would be the point of life after that? As Wind said, you'd be so lonely.

Unless you had a companion who also lived an abnormally long life. :) Hypothetical talk anyways, right?

Wind7

Staff
I thought about this thread while watching a vampire movie. Eternal life, and all... :)

If you didn't want to become a sideshow attraction, you'd need to maintain a low profile somehow. Relocating every decade or so.

You'd also have to factor in the diminished quality of life that often comes with old age. Would you need someone to care for you?

Imagine the world changing around you, feeling foreign to you after so many years. You'd likely outlive your own children, everyone you loved... What would be the point of life after that? As Wind said, you'd be so lonely.

Unless you had a companion who also lived an abnormally long life. :) Hypothetical talk anyways, right?
Exactly.

Funny that you mention a 'Vampire Movie'.

I was first going to mention 'Interview With A Vampire' as an example. :)

Could you imagine.....Living that long?
Egads.....imagine alllllll the hobbies one would need!

;)

Last edited:

Mayhem

Zenith
'Help i need new clothes, i havent bought a new jumper in 50 years'. Apart from many other things this could be an issue if there werent many to aid the person.

Might need some medical care being that old, Doc be saying 'your still alive' !