Forum Game If you went to back to the 1800's what 7 modern day things would you take with you

Kazper

GRADUATE
If you went to back to the 1800's what 7 modern day things would you take with you
Take into consideration there were no cell phone repeater towers, electricity etc...

TimeFlipper

I would choose the late 1800s and obviously i would need the money that was being used at the time and also the clothes of the day...Meeting my grandfather and grandmother would be at the top of my visiting list, but i definitely would not test out the grandfather paradox, as i might not be writing what iam writing now :D..

Kazper

GRADUATE
I would choose the late 1800s and obviously i would need the money that was being used at the time and also the clothes of the day...Meeting my grandfather and grandmother would be at the top of my visiting list, but i definitely would not test out the grandfather paradox, as i might not be writing what iam writing now :D..
LOL, yes the money is a huge issue, I had a OBE in dream state and had to go to my parents old house when I was like 1 year old and tried to explain to my father I was his youngest from the future and he more or less told me "GO F**K OFF "as he slammed the door in my face but he was still wearing his wife beater under shirt lol. Wow I was going to ask him for $10 bucks, but never got my foot in the door lol:). I couldn't confirm if he remembered it because he died before I had done this. I had Money but realized it wasn't the same money as far as looks, so I was sorta screwed;)

JimmyD

I would want advance notice of departure in order to study everything around and between the arrival time and point of departure. With enough knowledge in your memory, you wouldn't necessarily need to take anything. If anything, I would take encrypted recorded knowledge.

Although it may be a good idea to wear a recreation of normal fashionable clothing of the era and have enough gold to exchange for 'local' money to facilitate short term immediate needs like transportation food and lodging.

A weapon may be a good idea too. ..preferably something that has existed since the 1800's to solve ammo availability issues.

JimmyD

Knowledge is Power

Take a small box of microfilm of schematics and books and various information on all the metallurgy necessary to produce an assault rifle. All you need is a lantern and a lens and a blank wall to create a simple projector. Take it to people with money and motive and expertise to produce assault rifles. ..OR... Learn the entire process from acquiring tools and gathering raw materials to proficiency with a product at a target range. Record nothing and make one when you get there. Take it to people who need assault rifles.

Who you give it to determines who wins which wars in the 1800's. That's power.

You could perceivably change the course of the US Civil War by giving it to the south and thus causing a split of the USA into factions and a long drawn out series of wars. ...or.. give it to the north to ensure a swift victory. Either of which would result in the USA being more advanced and could effect global politics in the long term.

Imagine explaining aviation, the concept of lift and aerodynamics, to someone in 1830. Imagine what a military in the mid 1800's could do with simple WW1 era aircraft.

Kazper

GRADUATE
Knowledge is Power

Take a small box of microfilm of schematics and books and various information on all the metallurgy necessary to produce an assault rifle. All you need is a lantern and a lens and a blank wall to create a simple projector. Take it to people with money and motive and expertise to produce assault rifles. ..OR... Learn the entire process from acquiring tools and gathering raw materials to proficiency with a product at a target range. Record nothing and make one when you get there. Take it to people who need assault rifles.

You could perceivable;) change the course of the US Civil War by giving it to the south and thus causing a split of the USA into factions and a long drawn out series of wars. ...or.. give it to the north to ensure a swift victory. Either of which would result in the USA being more advanced and could effect global politics in the long term.

Imagine explaining aviation, the concept of lift and aerodynamics, to someone in 1830. Imagine what a military in the mid 1800's could do with simple WW1 era aircraft.
Sounds totally awesome, lol. But isn't there some theory that states if you changed history you would have to then stay in that time? Or do you create a new dimension? I Think that if you go back and change something , that you basically go to and or create a new dimension. However I have not yet studied the DIMENSIONAL aspect of Time-space yet lol:alien::whistle:

JimmyD

Knowledge is Power

You could perceivable;) change the course of the US Civil War by giving it to the south and thus causing a split of the USA into factions and a long drawn out series of wars. ...or.. give it to the north to ensure a swift victory. Either of which would result in the USA being more advanced and could effect global politics in the long term.

Sounds totally awesome, lol. But isn't there some theory that states if you changed history you would have to then stay in that time? Or do you create a new dimension? I Think that if you go back and change something , that you basically go to and or create a new dimension. However I have not yet studied the DIMENSIONAL aspect of Time-space yet lol:alien::whistle:

I'm not sure how it works. I was just openly considering the power of knowledge in regard to time travel.

If I were to go back, I wouldn't do any of that stuff. I would keep to myself and stay as anonymous and inconspicuous as possible, try to not have any significant effect.

Kazper

GRADUATE
Knowledge is Power

I'm not sure how it works. I was just openly considering the power of knowledge in regard to time travel.

If I were to go back, I wouldn't do any of that stuff. I would keep to myself and stay as anonymous and inconspicuous as possible, try to not have any significant effect.

I understand , I seen a very good Movie that actually uses that as a concept on how the English Invented the Radar system,though fictional It describe exactly what you are talking about. Makes you sorta wonder though. My friends say things about me because when I party with them I spout out random thoughts that are possible but are highly unlikely to happen but are easily possible in a way. If you understand what I am saying.

Kazper

GRADUATE

I understand , I seen a very good Movie that actually uses that as a concept on how the English Invented the Radar system,though fictional It describe exactly what you are talking about. Makes you sorta wonder though. My friends say things about me because when I party with them I spout out random thoughts that are possible but are highly unlikely to happen but are easily possible in a way. If you understand what I am saying.

Oh the movie "The Final countdown "

Last edited: