I'm 30 Today... Now What?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Hey, folks, I need your help.

A few hours ago, I started experiencing a new decade of my existence and I'm not entirely sure yet what to expect!

What should I start doing now that I'm 30 years old? What should I stop doing?

I'm looking for advice from our members who are more experienced in life than I am. And I want to have some fun because I know you guys are super clever! :)

TnWatchdog

If you smoke, quit. Look into having a heart healthy diet, Cardiact Diet, avoiding cheese, fatty meats, and cheese. Otherwise you could be like me and end up with three trips to the hospital in later years having a quadruple bypass, 4 stents put in, and a blocked rear heart artery to be dealt with by medications.
Deversify...meaning being loyal to a company and giving 100% of your time is foolish. Put in your 40 hours and do a side job for yourself. Don't tell your employer what you do on your free time as they want to make money off you and would look at this as a threat to them. Maybe a hobby you have now can be your moneymaker in future times...don't put your eggs in one basket cause things can and do change.
Edit...happy birthday!

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
Do whatever you feel like doing, as long as it's legal, of course. In other words, do what you feel like doing and strive to accomplish whatever you want to.

By the way, Happy 30th Birthday!! :)

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Happy Birthday!

When I was 30, I made a New Years resolution to quit smoking. I had 50 reasons which I recited every time I felt the urge. It was cold turkey for me. I succeeded. Its been 33 years now without a smoke for me. And contrary to what the little voice says in your head, just one cigarette will get you hooked again.

jcolanzi

Write down things that have made you feel good and things that have made you feel bad in the past.

Do more of the things that make you feel good.

Evaluate the situations that made you feel bad and re-write them with the changes that you would make to make them feel good.

Every day make it your intention to pay attention to what makes you feel good.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
@TnWatchdog Good advice. I gained some weight recently and started to exercise more this summer, so far it's been pretty good. But I'm starting to become more and more aware that I'll have to be careful with what I eat and with my health in general. I'm definitely going to work on it. Thankfully, I don't smoke and don't plan to!

@Classicalfan626 That sounds good. :)

Thank you @Einstein !!

@jcolanzi That might be a very interesting exercise. Many things we consider bad or don't like are often so because of a small annoying detail. Perhaps changing your attitude or focus on another aspect will change the whole things. I'll keep that in mind because sometimes I'm too quick when deciding if I like something or not. :)

Thanks, guys! :)

Blue Wolf

#1 Wolf in Investigation

A few hours ago, I started experiencing a new decade of my existence and I'm not entirely sure yet what to expect!

What should I start doing now that I'm 30 years old? What should I stop doing?

I'm looking for advice from our members who are more experienced in life than I am. And I want to have some fun because I know you guys are super clever! :)
Happy birthday! :LOL:
I sure wish I was 30...
It's hard to accomplish anything when you're 14... :oops:

jcolanzi

@TnWatchdog Good advice. I gained some weight recently and started to exercise more this summer, so far it's been pretty good. But I'm starting to become more and more aware that I'll have to be careful with what I eat and with my health in general. I'm definitely going to work on it. Thankfully, I don't smoke and don't plan to!

@Classicalfan626 That sounds good. :)

Thank you @Einstein !!

@jcolanzi That might be a very interesting exercise. Many things we consider bad or don't like are often so because of a small annoying detail. Perhaps changing your attitude or focus on another aspect will change the whole things. I'll keep that in mind because sometimes I'm too quick when deciding if I like something or not. :)

Thanks, guys! :)

Our memories aren't etched in stone. If you can get into the alpha state and actually feel the new event as real, you can change the memory.

Harte

Don't worry Num, I got your back with this one.
Here's what to expect:

1) In a short time, you'll be 31.
2) In a shorter time, you'll be 32.
3) In an extremely short time you'll be 61.

At least, that's been my experience, which, of course, is only anecdotal evidence.

But you just watch. You'll see I'm right.

Harte