I'm from 2146, ask me anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apri1

Well so many of you guys never provide proof it's getting to old for me

He's not going to provide any. Covered all his bases with his tale. So for me that means "likely hoax", even if it could be real. But given his use of english, I'm skeptical.

@Einstein, your test is trash. The person you believe is a time traveler guessed. Yes/no questions are one possible type of question, and that's what you had asked. If you want to perfect your test, use an RNG to post a number, and have the traveler tell you the number prior to the time you post it. Make sure it's a pseudo rng to ensure no differences along timelines (where the outcome may be different).

But none of y'all know shit about time travel, so it's no wonder your tests are dumb af.

Edit: Attached his confession that he's a hoax.
Screen Shot 2018-07-29 at 6.52.32 AM.png

Last edited:

tomkiel

He's not going to provide any. Covered all his bases with his tale. So for me that means "likely hoax", even if it could be real. But given his use of english, I'm skeptical.

@Einstein, your test is trash. The person you believe is a time traveler guessed. Yes/no questions are one possible type of question, and that's what you had asked. If you want to perfect your test, use an RNG to post a number, and have the traveler tell you the number prior to the time you post it. Make sure it's a pseudo rng to ensure no differences along timelines (where the outcome may be different).

But none of y'all know shit about time travel, so it's no wonder your tests are dumb af.

View attachment 7461
also if there is no logical explanation that it means that you're a liar.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer

View attachment 7461

Putting a condition on the kind of question to be asked is what you just did. The odds of guessing a particular type of question are greatly enhanced. I placed no condition on my original question to The_Observer. Thus placing the odds at infinity to one. My original question to him was only formulated in my mind. The question was "How old are you?" Hardly a yes or no question. With no possibility of the test taker cheating. Yet within 5 minutes he posted a number as his answer. I would agree that the test is entirely subjective for my benefit only. So someone decided to show me that quite probably time travel is real. But then I already knew that.

I see you posted a confession from tomkiel. Was that acquired from an alternate timeline? Or are you confessing to having a malfunctioning time machine?

Apri1

Putting a condition on the kind of question to be asked is what you just did. The odds of guessing a particular type of question are greatly enhanced. I placed no condition on my original question to The_Observer. Thus placing the odds at infinity to one. My original question to him was only formulated in my mind. The question was "How old are you?" Hardly a yes or no question. With no possibility of the test taker cheating. Yet within 5 minutes he posted a number as his answer. I would agree that the test is entirely subjective for my benefit only. So someone decided to show me that quite probably time travel is real. But then I already knew that.

I see you posted a confession from tomkiel. Was that acquired from an alternate timeline? Or are you confessing to having a malfunctioning time machine?

Ah my mistake. Seems the question was "respond with a number". You could've asked anything involving numbers and his answer would've been suitable. "What day of the month are you from?", "What's your favorite number?", etc. Again, dumb test. Guessing a number or yes/no would cover a vast amount of questions. The "scope" of the question is quite irrelevant, provided the answer is unguessable. You're using questions where a random answer can freely be provided without knowing what the question is.

My fix for that would be using a prng. While the format of answer is predictable (and even given to the claimant) the actual result is not and cannot. Generate a number between 1 and 1,000,000,000 and there is no way to be able to get that without having better luck than the lottery. A solid test. Lottery numbers, as you have used, would also work. The problem is that actual lotto numbers may be true rng and thus not reproducible when repeatedly traveling.

As for the confession, no, it's not from an alternate timeline. I was merely chatting with him on discord, and he openly admitted it. Because unlike you people, I actually know what to ask to pin hoaxes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.