I'm so confused

Juli3112

Hello there. I'm new on this website, so foregive me if i don't know a lot of stuff. I always felt i don't belong here, in this time, with all of this technology...i do not belong here. So, it is there someone who pretend or really travelled through time? I need to know, i need to know if it's possible, if i can go somewhere i fell i belong. Thank you for your attention!

KaitoNishijou

Hi there and welcome to the site! As I've said in my last post I'm not much of a help. HOWEVER, there is this device called the HDR, you might want to look into it... (For site members, if the HDR isn't the answer, don't attack me over my mistake...)
Any other information you could tell us? Where do you feel you belong? Do you know what time you came from (assuming you're not a troll)? Is there anything you can tell us about your 'arrival' here (If you arrived here, were you born here?)?

Remnant

I don't believe backwards time travel is possible. At the least we haven't figured it out yet and where are all the time travellers?

KaitoNishijou

I don't believe backwards time travel is possible. At the least we haven't figured it out yet and where are all the time travellers?
That is a great question however the answer is quite complicated.
Assuming there are ones why would they go and tell people about it? Don't you think that as soon as they do so they governments will get involved? I doubt America would let a Russian time traveler go on the internet and leak classified information (Since the internet is monitored by any means). If such thing happens the US government will most likely silence him. Control over time is control over almost everything, think of it as "You don't like Trump? Just use the machine and erase his existence".
Another way to think of it is creating paradoxes by meeting your past self (even if it's on the internet) and leaking future information which will speed up science's development and by that maybe help developing a time machine for anyone... maybe they don't want that??
Time travelers come for 2 reasons. Either becuase this era is the best for them and they like it and want to live a normal life here, so they stay shut. Or they have a mission which also requires them to stay quiet so they won't get caught by any organization, government etc.

Juli3112

Hi there and welcome to the site! As I've said in my last post I'm not much of a help. HOWEVER, there is this device called the HDR, you might want to look into it... (For site members, if the HDR isn't the answer, don't attack me over my mistake...)
Any other information you could tell us? Where do you feel you belong? Do you know what time you came from (assuming you're not a troll)? Is there anything you can tell us about your 'arrival' here (If you arrived here, were you born here?)?
Thank you for telling me about this HDR, i'll look into it. Well, i was born here. I don't want to give the impression that I'm some time traveler from the past in the future, because I'm not. All I want is just what I feel, and it's not from a whim, out of a desire, it's just how I feel. I was born here, I grew up here and I live here in this "present ". I was born in 2000 but I feel like I should have done it a long time ago. I've always felt like I don't belong here, that I have to live in a simpler world with horses, carts, swords, simple people. A simple life but much richer than what technology could ever bring me. It's not a foolish wish of a child, it's a feeling that won't leave me alone. I don't belong here, I know it deep down inside my soul. I don't want to change the past, to have glory or anything else, I just want to live. There's something calling me and I feel like in this time, in these years, I'm never going to be happy, I'm not going to feel at home.

rossnr

[/QUO

I think it seem easier and more possible to travel backwards than forwards in time since every time you make a desicion or act on some thing you create another timeline vs you haven't done anything in the future yet to know how it play out. Correct me if I'm wrong and the problem with time travel or HDR is once you go to an alternate reality you never get back to the original reality. Again I'm not sure this is correct.

Remnant

That is a great question however the answer is quite complicated.
Assuming there are ones why would they go and tell people about it? Don't you think that as soon as they do so they governments will get involved? I doubt America would let a Russian time traveler go on the internet and leak classified information (Since the internet is monitored by any means). If such thing happens the US government will most likely silence him. Control over time is control over almost everything, think of it as "You don't like Trump? Just use the machine and erase his existence".
Another way to think of it is creating paradoxes by meeting your past self (even if it's on the internet) and leaking future information which will speed up science's development and by that maybe help developing a time machine for anyone... maybe they don't want that??
Time travelers come for 2 reasons. Either becuase this era is the best for them and they like it and want to live a normal life here, so they stay shut. Or they have a mission which also requires them to stay quiet so they won't get caught by any organization, government etc.
Well, I'm familiar with the idea of it being regulated and such. But nothing can be regulated perfectly and forever, and time travel would be a slippery matter to regulate.

I think it seem easier and more possible to travel backwards than forwards in time since every time you make a desicion or act on some thing you create another timeline vs you haven't done anything in the future yet to know how it play out. Correct me if I'm wrong and the problem with time travel or HDR is once you go to an alternate reality you never get back to the original reality. Again I'm not sure this is correct.
Then why have we learned how to travel forwards in time manually as well as just by existing, and know perfectly how that works and that it's possible---but haven't discovered how to backwards time travel yet and don't even know for sure how it would work? If it was easier/more possible I imagine we'd have figured it out first and it would be the one between the two that we know for sure is possible yet that isn't the case. And the whole alternate reality thing is just one of many proposed ideas. We don't know how it would work.

KaitoNishijou

Well, I'm familiar with the idea of it being regulated and such. But nothing can be regulated perfectly and forever, and time travel would be a slippery matter to regulate.
With enough military training anything is possible.
They can turn wash your brain or turn you into a zombie.

samzeman

Thank you for telling me about this HDR, i'll look into it. Well, i was born here. I don't want to give the impression that I'm some time traveler from the past in the future, because I'm not. All I want is just what I feel, and it's not from a whim, out of a desire, it's just how I feel. I was born here, I grew up here and I live here in this "present ". I was born in 2000 but I feel like I should have done it a long time ago. I've always felt like I don't belong here, that I have to live in a simpler world with horses, carts, swords, simple people. A simple life but much richer than what technology could ever bring me. It's not a foolish wish of a child, it's a feeling that won't leave me alone. I don't belong here, I know it deep down inside my soul. I don't want to change the past, to have glory or anything else, I just want to live. There's something calling me and I feel like in this time, in these years, I'm never going to be happy, I'm not going to feel at home.

I feel very sympathetic... In modern times, there are an awful lot of people that feel this way. They tend to bottle it up and don't really talk about it. I'm pretty happy with today, and I want to see the next 100 years, but I know a few people who feel genuinely displaced. I've mostly heard about them in the context that they end up doing something uncharacteristic and nuts, for better or for worse.

I tend to hear that it's a big issue in China, where people are quite homogeneous, and yearn for a time when a job wasn't just taking a packed tube to an office and working for 9 hours or whatever.

I guess.... know you aren't alone in the world, feeling this way. However, there are ways to emulate that life. One time my family won a competition and went to Norway, a trip that included a day out with the Sami people, who are an ancient sparse set of Inuit-type folks. They still herd their reindeer, the only difference in their lives being they occasionally have to argue their sovereignity to oil companies and they buy bread in plastic bags from the local franchise-supermarket in the nearby town, instead of buying bread in sacks from the mill or whatever. Also they have to herd their reindeer across the road, and they ride ski-mobiles all day to get around instead of dog sleds. All in all, their life seemed very similar and (no offense - they were great people!) primitive. Or maybe simple or humble is a better word.

For a maybe closer to home example: Home - Off Grid World

This is the best compromise I can come up with, or the easiest (time travel isn't easy by anyone's standards lol, at worst it's impossible). And the best part is, about off-grid living, is that there are degrees of it. If you can find a way to get a vegetable patch, you might find great joy in growing a bunch of vegetables for yourself. That is, if you have the time off from your job. Technically you don't even need money for tools, but the path to making your own metal or even flint tools is pretty labour intensive....... Might as well get started now, lol?

There are probably (Don't know for sure) groups of people out there who live off the grid. The only trouble with that is that lots of them might have a /reason/ to want to live off the grid and be criminals (of varying moral standards) and without a police presence the best you will get is a sheriff or vigilante justice system, both of which are notoriously unreliable and flip between viscous and ineffective.

It's a big change to make but it might really make you happier? Even if it doesn't, make sure you have a plan to get back onto the grid and then if it doesn't work out, you'll probably realise along the way there are many modern amenities you actually miss, and society is overall better off these days, in my opinion.