Incredible Mod Recreates SimCity 2000 Cities In Minecraft, Down To The Trees

Num7

Administrator
Staff
A pretty cool article I found this morning, thought I'd share it here. I played SimCity 2000 so much as a kid. Loved it. Can't believe it released in 1994.

Apparently, it's now possible to visit your SC2K cities in Minecraft, thanks to a mod! Welcome to the future!

----------------------------------

The year is 1994. You’re playing SimCity 2000 and you’re thinking, man, wouldn’t it be amazing if I could somehow get down into the game and walk these streets.

The year is 1997. You’re playing SimCopter, which says on the box that you can explore the streets of the city you’re created, but it sucks and looks like shit. You keep dreaming of a seemingly unattainable future.

1672420611391.png

The year is 2022 and, finally, you can do it. You can take the SimCity 2000 save that you have lugged around for nearly 30 years, convert it into a modern video game, and walk its streets as though you were born there and were on your way to work. The only catches are that it’s very hard to do it. And that you are actually playing Minecraft, not SimCity.

Jernej Gosar, a software developer from Slovenia, is the man to thank for this mod, which reads a SimCity 2000 save file and recreates it as best it can in Minecraft. “The main reason why I decided to create this project was that I thought it would be really cool,” he tells me. “SimCity 2000 has been one of my favorite games since I was a child and one day I thought that it would be extremely cool to go down into the streets and explore them.”

Click here for the full article:

Mayhem

Zenith
Good find this, its interesting i havent played Minecraft but as well did love Simcity.:)