Inside the sun

vp8671

If the moon can displace large quantities of water with its gravity , why doesn't it affect my pencil on my table ?

vp8671

Why my pencils are still on the table as everything else on the surface of earth ? objects should be swept out at incredbile speed

Harte

Because the Earth's gravity is stronger than the Moon's - especially given the distance involved.

Harte

vp8671

We are talking million of kg of mass, due to the very same earth's gravity your reasoing doesn't sound, both we do not know what casues the tidal waves ( which is a theory ) or we do not know somethign about water.

Harte

"Tidal waves?" Really?

Good Lord you need to stop and think before posting.

Tides are so utterly explained that you might as well say we don't understand pencils.

Harte

walt willis

The Carrington CME event happened in 1859 back when we had very few above ground electric wires that were able to receive induced electrical energy from a EMP or CME. Today with so many above ground wires connected to homes it makes it extremely dangerous as a fire hazard where the extreme energy would terminate. Most homes would catch fire at the electric load center and the power outages would create a near total shutdown of our economy and food supply. Read the book "One Second After" that claims 50 to 90% death with-in one to two years from such an event. I would suggest we consider planning ahead with issues of the following: Air, Water, Food, Shelter, Communications and Transportation before the SHTF!

If you count the years from 1859 to this year you may understand my concern as some scientist claim such events occur around every 150 years.
The other point is it was recorded that we had three consecutive super low solar activity prior to the 1859 CME.
This is the third super low solar active year so far and may indicate we could see another major CME soon?
My question is if the combination of CME or an EMP were to occur could it trigger a civil or world war?
"And the meek shall inherit the earth" Think Amish life style and read the "What-IF" books as a way to help yourself and others!

Sorry to be so long winded with a nasty doom and gloom message, but I remember a teacher telling me the history repeats itself.
Here are some books to read: !13190910.jpg!4922079.jpg!6845861.jpg101042415_3456609471025135_7231408892649930752_o.jpg!8488492.jpg