• EzgyW_rXsAIwTZ8.jpg
    EzgyW_rXsAIwTZ8.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Etpj36IWgAE2Tc1.jpg
    Etpj36IWgAE2Tc1.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 0

lamdo263

what is it?
Mine is thinking it's not where's yours dumb yet, bert smothing likeit. Not zaying thert it's somethingbody stuupid, but whnes uyre not smarte, lick a dump sumthin? Wher the ididot's not skrewin his mother, but in chruch nut playin wit firewerks?

TimeFlipper

Intellectual virtue imho, is a way of hitting back at those "woke" far left Marxist loving lunatics that demand banning "freedom of speech" against anyone that disagrees with their own sick pernicious beliefs!! :mad:...

Yeats

what is it?
Intellectual virtue may consist of many different things.

It could be the act of remaining true to a truth, even when such a truth may be hard for us to accept and the falsehood may be more comforting.

It could be the willingness to impartially and honestly examine an opinion which differs sharply from our own.

It could be the wisdom to know that our notions do not represent the summit of knowledge, and that our perspective is not the universal standard.

It could be the never-ending desire to discover, and to learn, and to solve, and to invent.

Intellectual virtue may well be all of these things, and more besides.

[ It should be noted that intellectual virtue may be practiced in its fullest degree only in an environment which allows full freedom of thought and expression. ]

NaturalPhilosopher

It could be the act of remaining true to a truth, even when such a truth may be hard for us to accept and the falsehood may be more comforting.

It could be the willingness to impartially and honestly examine an opinion which differs sharply from our own.

It could be the wisdom to know that our notions do not represent the summit of knowledge, and that our perspective is not the universal standard.

It could be the never-ending desire to discover, and to learn, and to solve, and to invent.

[ It should be noted that intellectual virtue may be practiced in its fullest degree only in an environment which allows full freedom of thought and expression. ]
amazing

Wind7

Staff

Great Post!

As to the part that I have highlighted, This is very true however,
it is becoming harder and harder to find these environments that enrich our abilities to be free thinkers
and someone (quite sadly) made a remark to me just the other day that self expression is becoming a myth
in due part to our own freedoms.

He is a hard working 29 yr old with wife and kids and he is a refreshingly intelligent individual.

I told him that, perhaps to defeat this dichotomy of expression perhaps we should ALL learn to
put down these devices we all seem glued to (iPad-smart phone-PC) and relearn how to recognize
each other again without having to hide within this invisible shell these things can create.

He told me "Try telling that to a twelve year old!"

I may copy your list and hand it to him.

My favourite;

"It could be the wisdom to know that our notions do not represent the summit of knowledge, and that our perspective is not the universal standard."

Words to live by.