Debate Is a Doomsday Event for you?

TnWatchdog

I have been thinking that every day someone, somewhere meets their own personal doomsday event, death from cancer, drugs, accidents, killings, disease, or simply old age...a massive body malfunction.
You could go out today, tomorrow or years and years into the unknown future. Would you like to go out separately or be part of a global doomsday event? This is not meant to be a morbid discussion as everything here is real and will happen, one way or another, I always thought that earth, life, was a recycling center...the old moves out for the new. The Leno is out...Fallon is in scenario. Either way you wouldn't know , until it happened, what had happened, and you might not even realize the reality of the finality you have just faced. I have watched vids that say the answer to this question somewhat would depend on your age. The older you are, you are more likely to say, "Yes bring it on". Younger people would say, "Wait for my graduation, marriage, promotion, etc." I will put my thoughts down in a later post so let's hear from you all. No right or wrong answer here...all opinions so in other words no one is right and no one is wrong. What are your thoughts? Are you a 'flirting with disaster' type?

BlastTyrant

I believe after many years i am prepared mentally and physically for anything to come, i may be a bit younger than most here "27" but i am sure that what ever may come in the next few years i will be able to handle it.

I think most people at some point fear Death, i know a friends wife use to cry every time we mentioned dying cause she was petrified of it, where me i find it as a opportunity a chance to finally learn and see everything i have wanted to and to move onto another shell and continue my research and progress.

Same with a Global eradication scenario most people say they would love it till it happens, after which give it a month and they are goners. The Walking Dead helped popularize the end of the world scenario but what most people don't understand is that literally 80% of the world population was wiped out so odds are they wont be one of the survivors.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
I don't want to die !!! I don't want to servive a dooms day event either!!! I have given this a lot of thought lately and should I survive the event .facing a few cold hard facts of what kind of life I will be looking at just scares the shit right out of me .. there are a few dirty little secrets about serviving the event that no one ever talks about...
like the fact's that
1. there will be very few people left who are in good health and able to be a companion/mate. young men and women may well find them selves with the only prospect for a mate being a family sibling. at 55 this is not much of a concern to me, but for the young it could be a real problem.
2. there will be little to no safe areas left to set up a home for you and your prospective family..
3. most if not all social norms and customes of todays world will be gone.
4. the very young and the very old will all die.
, as well as those on meds.
5. the age of a person will very quickly be forgotton or lost track of, as will the correct date, time, or day of the week.
6. you will most likely have to bury/burn the bodies of most if not all your friends and family within the first two years after the event.

with just a little thought I'm sure there are more facts that we just don't want to accept or deal with

BlastTyrant

I don't want to die !!! I don't want to servive a dooms day event either!!! I have given this a lot of thought lately and should I survive the event .facing a few cold hard facts of what kind of life I will be looking at just scares the shit right out of me .. there are a few dirty little secrets about serviving the event that no one ever talks about...
like the fact's that
1. there will be very few people left who are in good health and able to be a companion/mate. young men and women may well find them selves with the only prospect for a mate being a family sibling. at 55 this is not much of a concern to me, but for the young it could be a real problem.
2. there will be little to no safe areas left to set up a home for you and your prospective family..
3. most if not all social norms and customes of todays world will be gone.
4. the very young and the very old will all die.
, as well as those on meds.
5. the age of a person will very quickly be forgotton or lost track of, as will the correct date, time, or day of the week.
6. you will most likely have to bury/burn the bodies of most if not all your friends and family within the first two years after the event.

with just a little thought I'm sure there are more facts that we just don't want to accept or deal with
1. I am not getting any now so i will take anything LOL well except family thats weird
2. I have several locations in the Northern woods that are well equipped with Fire wood and very good hunting grounds
3. I am a nerd most customs don't apply to me to begin with, granted i would miss video games. But music and such can be kept alive.
4. Assuming the inital Event doesnt take them first, yes that is where "Only the strongest survive" Most people dont understand it may end up you taking the life of another Human to keep your self alive.
5. I barly remember my age as it is and being a basement dweller day and night are nothing, will have to rely on calendars until the end of the year and then its pretty much gg.
6. I would burn the bodies, These are things as twisted as it may sound that i have though of, most of my family is spread out and friends are few and far inbetween so i dont have allot to lose to begin with. I would be more depressed having to give up my lizards or losing my dog than burying the friends and family i have now lol

kcwildman

Beastmaster
wierd yes extremely, and not very good either. very much condemed by GOD's law... however when yours is the only family in the area who's grumpy paranoid old man had the forsight to be prepaired...:cautious:
lets face it not to many people are in that frame of thinking these days. they all call me a nut case, and conspiracy freak:eek:
most people I know will argue till they are blue in the face and never admitt that there is even a problem with the government. let alone that we need to be ready .
so you could be a long time befor seeing anyone ells if you ever do.. especially if like you said you have indeed found a good bugout spot. your family may well be the only folks for many miles.
I guess you could strike out and go looking for others who might be in the area. but remember if there are some others they most likely won't be to friendly ,or happy to learn that some one has found them, it could very well be the last walk you ever take...
maybe you could try and sneak into the citys and somehow manage to free some captives from the grips of not very nice gaurds... this I do not advise attempting it will most likely get you killed...
also remember that most people who do servive will be in the citys trying to find out what happened, and what they are spose to do now, and of course getting the gov. handouts of food , meds, and freash water.
oh yeh there will most likely be a bounty on any one not in the program (thats prophecy count on it) you know those with out the gov. ID what ever they choose to use this time around RFID cards' tags, chips, tattoo's..
like I said befor I realy don't want to face that day at all , ever :(

kcwildman

Beastmaster
I guess what I am realy trying to say here is, things will be so strange you will be hard pressed to even recognise it as the same earth you use to live on.

BlastTyrant

I know how you feel KC i try to emphasize whats going on in the world to friends and no one listens, they ignore it as ramblings. But Jokes on them in the end