Is accepting Jesus as messiah a sin?

Gnostic Christian

It seems to me, that to accept Jesus as our messiah or scapegoat, means abdication our responsibility for our sins and placing it on the messiah or scapegoat.

I think that to use a scapegoat is a sin.

If you are religious, is this the sin that you think you did to deserve hell? If not, what is it that causes you to sin to be saved?

Regards
DL

alpha centauri

The Messiah is just a the king that unifies the Jew. And Jesus was not that king that they thought the Messiah would be.

Ha mashiach (המשיח‎, 'the Messiah'),[3][a] often referred to as melekh mashiach (מלך המשיח‎, 'King Messiah'),[5] is to be a Jewish leader, physically descended from the paternal Davidic line through King David and King Solomon. He is thought to accomplish predetermined things in a future arrival, including the unification of the tribes of Israel,[6] the gathering of all Jews to Eretz Israel, the rebuilding of the Temple in Jerusalem, the ushering in of a Messianic Age of global universal peace,[7] and the annunciation of the world to come.[1][2]

Messiahs were not exclusively Jewish, however, and the concept of 'the' Messiah as a single individual is a strictly post-Biblical tradition as it is not found in the Old Testament.[2]

The Greek translation of Messiah is Khristós (Χριστός),[8] anglicized as Christ. Christians commonly refer to Jesus of Nazareth as either the "Christ" or the "Messiah", believing that the messianic prophecies were fulfilled in the mission, death, and resurrection of Jesus and that he will return to fulfill the rest of messianic prophecies. Moreover, unlike the Judaic concept of the Messiah, Jesus Christ is additionally considered by Christians to be the Son of God.

So would say no, that is no sin. I think you can choose your king for yourself, that does not mean that others agree with it.

edit: Here is a video about it:

Last edited:

Gnostic Christian

The Messiah is just a the king that unifies the Jew. And Jesus was not that king that they thought the Messiah would be.

So would say no, that is no sin. I think you can choose your king for yourself, that does not mean that others agree with it.

edit: Here is a video about it:

A King is not a messiah, and even if he were, that does not take away from the fact that you are responsible for your own sins., by the laws that Jesus taught.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

The declaration which says that God visits the sins of the fathers upon the children is contrary to every principle of moral justice. [Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason]

We are speaking of an abstract.

Let's get specific. Why were you condemned and have a need for salvation of that sin?

Regards
DL

alpha centauri

A King is not a messiah, and even if he were, that does not take away from the fact that you are responsible for your own sins., by the laws that Jesus taught.
That is the meaning of Messiah. Maybe, you and others see it differently. That doesnt change the meaning. The Israelites lost their kings, because of the kingdoms that conquered them. Their rulers did not want them to have a king. And the Messiah was thought to defeat the Romans.

In Jewish eschatology, the term came to refer to a future Jewish king from the Davidic line, who will be "anointed" with holy anointing oil, to be king of God's kingdom, and rule the Jewish people during the Messianic Age. In Judaism, the Messiah is not considered to be God or a pre-existent divine Son of God. He is considered to be a great political leader that has descended from King David, hence why he is referred to as Messiah ben David, 'Messiah, son of David'. In Judaism, the messiah is considered to be a great, charismatic leader that is well oriented with the laws that are followed in Judaism.[20] He will be the one who will not "judge by what his eyes see" or "decide by what his ears hear."

that does not take away from the fact that you are responsible for your own sins., by the laws that Jesus taught.
That are a wrong interpretations or outright lies that were written in his teachings. His teaching does take away the karma. If you love unconditionally, that takes away the anger. Sin is also a false concept. We talked about that. He taught his disciples three years. There is much more he said that was not written down. Everybody is responsible for his- and herself. That would not make sense otherwise.

Why were you condemned and have a need for salvation of that sin?
Me? Why should I be condemned?

Gnostic Christian

Everybody is responsible for his- and herself.
Exactly, and that is why it is a sin to accept to abdicate our responsibilities for our sins.

Seems we agree, even if you do not like my interpretations.

That is a wrong interpretation or outright lies that were wirtten in his teachings.

I agree that the whole bible should be scrapped as it cannot be trusted and is leading good people to adopt homophobia and misogyny as good, along with a vile genocidal god.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian

Alpha.

You do know that Jesus was never anointed to Christ status. Right?

If not, show the scripture where he is given that title of Christ.

Regards
DL

alpha centauri

Exactly, and that is why it is a sin to accept to abdicate our responsibilities for our sins.

Seems we agree, even if you do not like my interpretations.
I know people that think that, too. That is stupid and makes no sense.

I agree that the whole bible should be scrapped as it cannot be trusted and is leading good people to adopt homophobia and misogyny as good, along with a vile genocidal god.
A lot of the people dont believe in that stuff (these things are metaphors for them). But why they do not abandon the religion or distance themselves from the religious books at least, I dont know. The gospels are ok. They are relatively free of negative stuff and are very positive all in all.

You do know that Jesus was never anointed to Christ status. Right?

If not, show the scripture where he is given that title of Christ.

I dont think that a former king has anointed themselves in Jewish history. There was always a prophet that has done it.

So I think either Jesus has done it himself and claimed that he is the king or others claimed that he is the king.

That is the view of the bible:

Gnostic Christian

But why they do not abandon the religion or distance themselves from the religious books at least, I dont know.
Tribal affiliation and fellowship. They do evil for good reasons. Forgivable because they are misguided by their selfish gene. Modernization is killing what you and i dislike, but we should continue cutting out those poor miss-guided Christian, one at a time.

I try to be gentle but must always resort to tough because they are naturally obtuse. So are you and I to some extent for what we live.

Regards
DL

HDRKID

To GC:

Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is no other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

If you are a human alien hybrid, then you could appeal on behalf of your alien side.

If I forgive you of money you owe me. Then, you do not have to pay me.

The Bible says:

Matthew 6:14-15
If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you. But if you refuse to forgive others, your Father will not forgive your sins.