Is alchemy just basic, old times term for Chemistry?

toastwang

I’ve been looking into alchemy today and all I ever find is talk about turning lead into gold or the philosophers stone. I read that “alchemy” is a transmutation of substances or a separation. All sounds very similar to common chemistry in todays terms. I guess my main question is Is there a difference between alchemy and Chemistry? maybe there’s a reason it’s an old forgotten craft.:unsure:

alpha centauri

I’ve been looking into alchemy today and all I ever find is talk about turning lead into gold or the philosophers stone. I read that “alchemy” is a transmutation of substances or a separation. All sounds very similar to common chemistry in todays terms. I guess my main question is Is there a difference between alchemy and Chemistry? maybe there’s a reason it’s an old forgotten craft.
Yes that sounds so. I thought the same when I read it.

But the true alchemy I know is an inner alchemy and a spiritual discipline. So you purify your character and that is what is meant with making the stone.

That is from the guy (Bardon) that was captured by Hitler:

I wonder if those alchemist people were all in a secret cult or so. I heard from a alchemist that those texts intentfully have flaws. so that only a true alchemist can decipher them. But that makes no sense to me, otherwise no text lead someone to making the stone. In my opinion, those texts are pretty boring and they are rather there to distract from the true alchemy.

The hermetic system or elemental system, that is what alchemist usually used, is the same as the chakra system. The masters claim that they were incarnated around the world and brought the wisdom. Bardon (the one I quoted above) claims you can ask the gnomes (earth elementals) on the astral plane for the stone. so you would not need the alchemist texts for that. But the real stone is the inner alchemy or that is similar to stone.

I quoted it there:

toastwang

Yes that sounds so. I thought the same when I read it.

But the true alchemy I know is an inner alchemy and a spiritual discipline. So you purify your character and that is what is meant with making the stone.

That is from the guy (Bardon) that was captured by Hitler:

I wonder if those alchemist people were all in a secret cult or so. I heard from a alchemist that those texts intentfully have flaws. so that only a true alchemist can decipher them. But that makes no sense to me, otherwise no text lead someone to making the stone. In my opinion, those texts are pretty boring and they are rather there to distract from the true alchemy.

The hermetic system or elemental system, that is what alchemist usually used, is the same as the chakra system. The masters claim that they were incarnated around the world and brought the wisdom. Bardon (the one I quoted above) claims you can ask the gnomes (earth elementals) on the astral plane for the stone. so you would not need the alchemist texts for that. But the real stone is the inner alchemy or that is similar to stone.

I quoted it there:
Thank you for your reply. I think I understand what your saying that Alchemy was more of a enlightening path of knowledge of the world around us as well as within.

Parazite1986

Also look up nei gung. Chinese have more than one way to achieve “immortality” but isn’t talked about until recently. I am planning to go back to nei gung and continue studying reaching spiritual and mental immortality as well. Physical immortality is cool unless you find out how much does it take to be immortalized by both medicine and spiritual growth. You have to be tough to not miss people in your life who died. You would have issues with 7 generational children down the line if you piss off your first generation child unless you’re fixed. And it would put you in trouble unless you go and keep it secret.

NaturalPhilosopher

I’ve been looking into alchemy today and all I ever find is talk about turning lead into gold or the philosophers stone. I read that “alchemy” is a transmutation of substances or a separation. All sounds very similar to common chemistry in todays terms. I guess my main question is Is there a difference between alchemy and Chemistry? maybe there’s a reason it’s an old forgotten craft.:unsure:
alchemy was the forerunner to chemistry.
alchemists discovered just about everything in chemistry. Least non-organic chem.

difference is alchemy is about generation, infusion of energy transforming elements into something still not accepted by science today.

It's all proven but scientists today go derp.
can do it yourself.

alpha centauri

Thank you for your reply. I think I understand what your saying that Alchemy was more of a enlightening path of knowledge of the world around us as well as within.
I have just wanted to add that the talk about enlightenment is always centered about the ego. At least that is how it is often described. But that is far more than that in my opinion.

Maybe you know the lawofone. That is a teaching you can read for free online.
They say the second chakra is the ego and that it is also important not to feel superior in your ego but there is more than that.

That is the third chakra. And this is centered about groups. So there is a "group-ego" or a "we" feeling that exludes others. That feeling put one group above another and is similar to the ego issue only for groups.

The negative effects are seen for example in sports. You have only empathy for your group or club and not for the competing teams. When your team wins, you are happy, when it loses you are sad. But you have no regard if the other team wins or loses. So you regard them as non-entities most of the time or you put your group above all else.

That is the same with all other group feelings (nationalism, sexism.. ) depending how much you identify and with your group. This identification with a group can be evil, too. That is the same with the ego.

So to purify yourself and your character is to purify your ego and your group-ego in a sense.

Mayhem

Zenith
Rather have the ability to hold no pleasure or disdain in any environment, in other words rise above those emotions.