Debate Is belief in the paranormal a symptom of metal illness?

Pertak96

How is it possible to believe in ghost, mermaids, goblins, psychics, mind readers, fortune tellers and vampires if your brain is functioning correctly.

Please be honest I bet there is a higher percentage of people here on medication for metal illness(depression anxiety etc..) that there is on average across America
Update: ok lets be clear the defination

Mayhem

Zenith
I wouldnt say its an illness. Curiosity killed the cat. We all want to know what we have lost in the previous lives.

For the medication your probably right on that one, i heard but dont quote me more people die from abuse? of meds then drugs?
Well i dont know how true that is. But something to think about.

A lot of money to be made from prescription drugs.

How is it possible to believe in ghost, mermaids, goblins, psychics, mind readers, fortune tellers and vampires if your brain is functioning correctly.

How is it possible to not believe any of the above on a functioning brain?
Because that's what was crammed in our heads growing up (at least me and probably many others here on this forum). We are told it's all bs and to move right along because your crazy if you think "outside the box".

Gnosis is earned and can not be bought no matter how much money you have. It's also impossible to turn back once you realize how deep the rabbit hole goes. That doesn't make one mad, it makes on curious about the fabric of "reality", whatever that may be.

I came into these beliefs kicking and screaming every step of the way. But that wasn't really ME kicking and screaming, that was the indoctrination I was holding deep inside my subconscious. The way I felt initially is that I didn't ask to know this, and in the beginning I could have really used better guidance on how to take the proper path.

I stumbled upon this line of thinking because of my quest for truth. Science (a form of religion) is a blessing and a curse....in one way it keeps the mind closed off and rigid. In another way it demands answers through trial and error, and when you can't find those answers for something you are told does not exist, you can't help but be pulled to wanting to know What? Why? How?

The questions are endless and the answers and theories are plentiful.

Most phenomena is just a more advanced form of AI that we can not understand.
This quote says it all IMO:
magick tech quote.jpg

and yes big pharma is a very large & thriving industry that has no clue what its doing and also has tentacles that reach almost every man, woman, and child.

So IMO it is not a symptom of mental illness, but rather a desire for truth that lies deep inside ones self. Can it lead to mental illness? Absolutely, I've seen it and it's not pretty...If you mess with things you don't understand then those things can come back to bite you.
My 2 cents
Much love to all and Welcome to the forum, glad you are here.

Last edited:

Harte

I'd say it depends on your level of obsession with it.

People who claim to believe something in the face of incontrovertible evidence to the contrary might have a problem.
The ones that aren't just jerking your chain, that is.

Humans are natural pattern-finders. It's how our brains work. The fact that a person might see a pattern where no pattern actually exists is not surprising when viewed with that in mind.
Usually it boils down to ignorance, which is a curable condition.
But the cure is usually painful so many don't want to let their ignorance go.

Harte

Pertak96

Please be honest I bet there is a higher percentage of people here on medication for metal illness(depression anxiety etc..) that there is on average across America
Initiative Q

alpha centauri

I dont know either. But I can say I am not on medications.
I googled the numbers in the USA and they are very high. I dont think that are that much here.

The mentally ill people have often opened a door to the paranormal world. That is similar to meditation that also changes the neurotransmitters and hormones in the brain and in the body. But they are unbalanced in their elements (fire, water, air, earth) so they have this mental illness.

Drugs can also open that door. But I do not recommend it because they make you addicted.

Are you on medications @Pertak96 ?

I know a lot of people that are mentally ill and dont believe in the paranormal. But they were indoctrinated because the paranormal exists. But I dont know any numbers or percentages of how much people are this or that.

Last edited:

unholy_dragon

It depends on what metal illness as you got different types of metal poisoning e.g mercury, lead.

(Sorry about taking the micky out of the spelling but could not resist replying to it)