Is boy the reincarnation of his grandfather ?

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Is boy the reincarnation of his grandfather ?

Posted on Tuesday, 12 November, 2013 |
news-clouds-trees.jpg

Could Sam be proof of reincarnation ? Image Credit: CC BY-SA 2.0 Brian Kerry

The case study of a young boy called 'Sam' has revealed tantalizing anecdotal evidence of reincarnation.

The concept of reincarnation, the idea that when we die we are reincarnated as someone else and begin a new life, has been a staple of spiritual beliefs for thousands of years. It is only relatively recently however that signs that this might actually be possible have begun to surface.

In the case of Sam, intriguing evidence came to light suggesting that he may in fact be the reincarnation of his own grandfather. Suspicions were first aroused when, while having his diaper changed at the age of 18 months, he turned to his father and said "When I was your age, I used to change your diaper."

A few years later at the age of 4, Sam was shown an old photograph album with pictures of his grandparents. While the pages were being browsed, he suddenly pointed to a picture of his grandfather's first car and said "That’s my car."

Later, he pointed to a photograph of his grandfather when he was just a boy and exclaimed "There I am!" The picture had contained several boys and there had been no discernible way Sam could have known which one was his grandfather having never seen a photograph of him before.

His mother, who was skeptical that these incidents were evidence of reincarnation, decided to test him by asking him for anything else he could remember. He answered by stating that "bad men" had "turned my sister into a fish." It turned out that his grandfather's sister had been murdered and dumped in a body of water, an event that he couldn't possibly have known about.

Khaos

where the wild things are
No link to the source, professor?

Was the grandfather dead before the boy was born? Reincarnation only works with the dead, not the living. In order for a soul to be reintegrated with another body, the body has to be "dead" and when we are in the womb, we are in a state of death, during that state, a soul can integrate itself into the body. Its my belief that the soul is basically what makes a person "born" per say.

I question the boy speaking fully articulate sentences at the age of 18 months. In regards to the photo album, its possible the boy was delighted at seeing the car and just said exactly that "that's mine" and it could be taken any way, but apply a child's logic to it. If a child sees a toy, they will want that toy because in their mind its "theirs"

TnWatchdog

I was brought up not believing in reincarnation but maybe that is were the phrase, 'been there, done that' came from. I remember George Carlin saying that there was a religion that believed that when you died your soul went to a garage in Buffalo but I don't remember anything about reincarnation. Maybe the boy was a TT.

Samstwitch

The little boy could be a walk-in.

Hi Professor, I thought Walk-ins only happened to people who actually die, and their body is inhabited by another spirit...Like the movie Heaven Can Wait. According to the story above, this little boy has been talking about living a Past Life ever since he was able to speak. So I wouldn't count it as a Walk-in, but it does sound like reincarnation.

One of my sons had memories of a previous life when he was around 3 years old. A small event triggered the memory.

Khaos

where the wild things are
The little boy could be a walk-in.

Hi Professor, I thought Walk-ins only happened to people who actually die, and their body is inhabited by another spirit...Like the movie Heaven Can Wait. According to the story above, this little boy has been talking about living a Past Life ever since he was able to speak. So I wouldn't count it as a Walk-in, but it does sound like reincarnation.

One of my sons had memories of a previous life when he was around 3 years old. A small event triggered the memory.

I think he means a "possession" when a spirit possesses the soul that is inhabiting a body of a person. The spirit is then able to mute the soul, to relay information through the body.

Spirit possession - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Its a bit different than demonic possession. Where the spirit takes full control of the body and soul.

darwi

I'd really like to read that book about elite serial killers if I can afford it. But since it's out of print , Barnes and Nobles can't get it for me. Of course you are right on the mark about reincarnation, Samstwitch. The problem I have in trying to communicate about it is that people have such limiting beliefs. Some people believe you live your life and go to hell forever. Others believe you might have lived another lifetime. Or you could have lived a few lifetimes but never anyone famous. Or you could have lived several lifetimes and if you're lucky, even as someone famous. What the hell, what about the idea that we've lived numerous, numerous, numerous lifetimes on this and other worlds and existences as male, female, human, non-human, robot or android perhaps, and anything or everything and have the capacity even to live simultaneous lifetimes in the same space-time and in some cases may have lived a whole series of legendary lives on this world and others?

Wee

I just have trouble believing an 18 month old could speak so fluently. My 14 month old can say "nanna, momma, dada, whats that?, see? tree, uh oh, no" and thats about the extent of what we can make out of the baby garble.

darwi

The proof is pretty extensive Opmmur, for those who are open minded, but I'm confidant that you already know that. Dr. Ian Stephenson did research for decades on children who remembered past lives. Didn't Carol Bauman write a couple books about children who reincarnated in the same family? The reason children can sometimes remember a past life when most adults can not is because of the way a child develops. It takes several years for the child to develop his Ego. The child can sometimes remember the past lifetime until the Ego is formed within, usually blocking that type of memory. For some interesting reincarnation cases, check Iisis on the internet. Walter Semkiw is the president of Iisis. He claims to have live as John Adams, 2nd president of this country. I met him and strangely enough he's the second person I met who claimed to have lived as John Adams(some people believe souls can manifest more than one lifetime in the same space-time). Walter believes that. So do I. One very compelling case mentioned on Iisis is of Barbro Karlen, who remembered living as Ann Frank, the Jewish girl who wrote a diary and died in the holocaust. Another very interesting case on Iisis is of the little boy James Leinenger, who had nightmares of dying at the battle of Iwo Jima in WWII, which other people on this site have already mentioned. Many of these cases are so compelling that someone would have to be truly closed minded to discount the overwhelming evidence of reincarnation.