Debate Is changing the past possible

Into the Mystic

@Aruna: I'm mainly going to focus on meditation :)

@Angelhoney: It scares me. I want to relive the past, not just change one aspect of it, but say if, for instance, I didn't break up with my ex, I'm scared something bad would happen to my family soon after :(
Yeah I know, it's scary. But I believe the karma will be equivalent to what you change. If you prevent someone's death someone else might day. If you don't break up with your ex, she might break up with you, and so on.

It was she who broke up with me in the first place :)

I'll add to this: half the reason I want to go back is so I can be a better boyfriend to my ex; she dumped me because I wasn't very good to her :( Surely this won't cause any karma?

TimeFlipper

Yeah I know, it's scary. But I believe the karma will be equivalent to what you change. If you prevent someone's death someone else might day. If you don't break up with your ex, she might break up with you, and so on.

I'll add to this: half the reason I want to go back is so I can be a better boyfriend to my ex; she dumped me because I wasn't very good to her :( Surely this won't cause any karma?
The Karma would be you dumping her because you went off her :LOL:

Angelhoney

@Aruna: I'm mainly going to focus on meditation :)

@Angelhoney: It scares me. I want to relive the past, not just change one aspect of it, but say if, for instance, I didn't break up with my ex, I'm scared something bad would happen to my family soon after :(

let's find a way to change the past first then we can worry about the consequence! Honestly I don't think the karma will be that bad.

Dr Zaius

Let us suppose that certain events in history are fixed and somehow required to happen. EG= you can't shoot your grandfather because it would negate your own existence, you can't have two of yourself at once..etc...
It may stand to reason that no matter what you do in the past,the result may possibly end up the same because to do otherwise would not be allowed by the dynamics of our universe. Also, if one travels backwards ten years and remains in the same spot physically, the earth (and solar system) would be ten years behind you, essentially leaving you in deep space because we are all hurling through space as well as time.

TimeFlipper

Regarding your last point, i think the Physicists worked along the lines of H G Wells Time-Machine and Spacetime...
The way i see it is that the moment you go back in time, it is only classed as a Local Event on Earth, like stepping out of a room one moment then stepping back to the same room a moment later...The time travel event is confined solely to earth irrespective of where it is in Space, but there again i could be hopelessly wrong :D

Dr Zaius

Regarding your last point, i think the Physicists worked along the lines of H G Wells Time-Machine and Spacetime...
The way i see it is that the moment you go back in time, it is only classed as a Local Event on Earth, like stepping out of a room one moment then stepping back to the same room a moment later...The time travel event is confined solely to earth irrespective of where it is in Space, but there again i could be hopelessly wrong :D
I would certainly like to be sure of that since the result of a miscalculation could be relatively final.

TimeFlipper

Taking into consideration that our Earth circles the Sun every 365 days (approx) its a fact that we dont encounter being hurled into deep space during that journey, therefore i see no reason as to why during time-travel, we should be thrust into entropy when everything that has happened before on Earth obviously stays on earth, but i wont take bets on me being correct lol :LOL: