Debate Is changing the past possible

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@Angelhoney - That may not be necessary since I'll be meeting with aliens, but a great idea nonetheless.
I would take what the aliens say with a grain of salt. Just like people, they may have an agenda.
Some races of aliens may have an agenda, though others may not. Yet others may think that me changing history may help their agenda.

So, you want me to distrust aliens altogether? Some aliens I should distrust, but all? I don't think that would be a wise decision.

Dr Zaius

@Angelhoney - That may not be necessary since I'll be meeting with aliens, but a great idea nonetheless.
I would take what the aliens say with a grain of salt. Just like people, they may have an agenda.
Some races of aliens may have an agenda, though others may not. Yet others may think that me changing history may help their agenda.

So, you want me to distrust aliens altogether? Some aliens I should distrust, but all? I don't think that would be a wise decision.
I don't know enough about them to determine their trustworthiness. I wish you success in your efforts contacting them.

emanuela

Let us suppose that certain events in history are fixed and somehow required to happen. EG= you can't shoot your grandfather because it would negate your own existence, you can't have two of yourself at once..etc...
It may stand to reason that no matter what you do in the past,the result may possibly end up the same because to do otherwise would not be allowed by the dynamics of our universe. Also, if one travels backwards ten years and remains in the same spot physically, the earth (and solar system) would be ten years behind you, essentially leaving you in deep space because we are all hurling through space as well as time.

Yes, but I think that time travel includes also travel in the space, or not?

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith

I don't know enough about them to determine their trustworthiness. I wish you success in your efforts contacting them.
Thank you very much, Dr. Z! :)