Is discovering time travel the same as discovering the aether?

JimmyD

Would the correct aether model of spacetime/aether show us how to alter time?
Is that the actual discovery of time travel?

How are we supposed to alter spacetime without knowing it?

I am not sure I understand your use of the word aether. I looked it up and it basically says that it is a nonexistent physical realm.

NaturalPhilosopher

it's an old term for a hypothetical invisible material that exists all throughout space. Old victorian era ideas was light was a vibration in this invisible sea. Was the predominate idea before relativity and photon wave particle duality.

Last edited:

JimmyD

it's an old term for a hypothetical invisible material that exists all throughout space. Old victorian era ideas was light was a vibration in this invisible sea. Was the predominate idea before relativity and photon wave particle duality.

That sounds more accurate than my explanation. You obviously know a bit more about it than I.

As an educated guess, someones somewhere are very close to figuring it out. They may even have a device and are trying to figure out how to make it work.

I believe the particle accelerator project to find the Higgs Boson particle is a key element to it all. I also suspect the science/physics community is running decades behind schedule. I suspect the closure of the particle accelerator in Texas was a mistake, perhaps the reason for the delay.

NaturalPhilosopher

higgs boson is just a big macguffin fudge to fit the data.
'higgs field' is just a new name for the aether.
time machines are much simpler and cheaper to build than people realize.