Is Earth a Prison Planet?

Negan

THE member
Honestly I don't think earth is a prison planet. I haven't watched the video you posted, it's put on my "to-do" list though. (Looks interesting.)

I think we're more or less morons floating on a rock in space and aliens (both good and bad) figure that messing with us one way or another on a massive scale will end up with us nuking ourselves making their curiosity moot.

Cirrus

The cure is to develop a telepathy virus. Everyone gets infected. And becomes genetically modified. We all come down with a permanent case of telepathy. And then no one can successfully tell a lie ever again. The world would become a different place almost overnight.

If everyone could read each others' minds with no way to block it, then the world would likely all be focused on the greater good because you can't compete with someone if you know their strategy. This would effectively turn the world into a pure communist society.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
If everyone could read each others' minds with no way to block it, then the world would likely all be focused on the greater good because you can't compete with someone if you know their strategy. This would effectively turn the world into a pure communist society.

I disagree partially. Governments would no longer be needed. No police either. No one can make an evil choice without everyone else knowing. Freedom of bad choices are eliminated. No wars. Get used to your all seeing and all knowing abilities. Without the ability to lie, I think a lot of people would go crazy and kill themselves.

TnWatchdog

I disagree partially. Governments would no longer be needed. No police either. No one can make an evil choice without everyone else knowing. Freedom of bad choices are eliminated. No wars. Get used to your all seeing and all knowing abilities. Without the ability to lie, I think a lot of people would go crazy and kill themselves.
Ha...a good one Einstein, killing themselves.
Think of the problems, knowing everything, would cause in the dating scene. Guy, "Honey...you look great." Gal, "Don't bs me.. you think I'm a ugly fat pig!"

Cirrus

I think a lot of people would go crazy and kill themselves.

Except the ones born into it. They'd be fine with it.

And the ones who didn't kill themselves. They'd live out a collective society.

I'm not saying this a good thing or a bad thing. Just a thing that would ultimately lead to a collective society. Though I guess the "thought police" would be a bit different in this society... you might end up in jail for attempted murder just for thinking about killing someone.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Good grief. If such were true, the collective would probably implement the works of Fahrenheit 451 and burn Ayn Rands Anthem. :rolleyes::sick:

Consider the fact that your viewpoint is one from someone born into freedom of choice as being a good thing. Yet we all see that it is not. The ability to lie and deceive others is a form of power that comes from freedom of choice. Those of us that are good at lying and deceiving rise to the top of the power chain. When you take a look around and see what we have done with freedom of choice, it almost makes you wonder if freedom of choice is a punishment.