Debate Is editing animal genes to harvest their organs wrong?

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
1636811832530.png

Scientists have edited pig genes so that we can harvest their organs. Polite debate: Is this right or wrong?

Side 1: It ensures the survival of humanity
Side 2: It disregards the life of the animal. They are conscious beings with feelings.

Context:

Thoughts?

TimeFlipper

Theres is an old butchers saying that the only thing you cannot eat from a pig is its squeak....Frankly i would have any part of a pig transplanted, except for a nose transplant :oops:..

Last edited:

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Maybe it's not wrong. But it's certainly ethically questionable.

Would they suffer? Would they die for our benefit?

Then agin... Is it different or worse than eating them?

That's the dilemma I have. Maybe if we are only harvesting the organs from the ones we are eating, but I doubt that would happen. Slaughter houses aren't equipped for that.

TimeFlipper

only if ya born with horse hoofs for feet if your in a country that eats horse meat
People in every country around the World eat horse meat sometimes Cobber, its usually mixed in with other meats such as beef for example...It happened in the UK a few years back at the Iceland company when horse meat was discovered in some frozen hamburgers manufactured in Ireland :sick:..

I actually enjoyed that particular variety of hamburger and ate lots of them, until i found out there was horse meat in them!! o_O...However, at least i realised why i was suddenly asking people to jump on my back and let me take them for a ride :fp::oops:..

steven chiverton

haha years ago a chineese restraunt over here was in trouble for using horse meat in its cooking love the sense of humour that was a really good laugh
did you read my latest post on the tesla 369 numbers