Is it possible that time travel itself has a limit?

Mako

I’m not talking about the theory where “you can’t time travel past beyond the machine’s creation”. Im thinking more like the beginning and the end of time (which if you ask me there is no end of time, only segments of it, more on that later).

Would time travel allow time itself to go past before it’s own creation? This idea kind of sparked on my head because of a hoax user that has posted on this site a while ago talking about how he has seen the Big Bang himself and that he had photo proof of it. I know the Big Bang doesn’t really have a connection to the beginning of time, but if that’s the case then what was?

I have a theory that time runs in segments. Segments start as soon as the Big Bang explodes and ends once every particle is in a singular point, that way a new segment can start again. and our Big Bang might be one of many segments. This is where time travel might have a limit, where you can’t go past or beyond your own segment of time.

This all just came at the top of my head and I still don’t know much about time travel in general so I’m happy to discuss any flaws or discrepancies about my topic.

TimeFlipper

I have seen episodes of Doctor Who where he time-travelled to the beginning of time, and to the end of time...
Would that be relevant? :ROFLMAO:..

Doc 05

Zenith
Also you are limited to the "type" of time travel device or technique.
A physical time machine may have limits on scope (Mallet's theory on not being able to go past when the device was created).
Astral or Remote Viewing time travel should have no boundaries.

But also Big Bang is just another theory and may not exist.
Personally, I believe when you get to the end, your back at the beginning ;)

Doc 05

Zenith
When you talked about "time segments", could this encompass the concept of "time lines"?
Some time lines are short lived (asteroid strike).
Some time lines technology is different (steam punk).
Some time lines event outcomes are different (President Hillary).
I would like to try some HDR experiments on trying to jump on these different timelines.

Mako

When you talked about "time segments", could this encompass the concept of "time lines"
Yes. think of it as a reset button, everything starts and ends the same way but anything between that is random. There could be a device that can let you go to a different timeline, but I theorize that if that were true you could only travel to the current time it is right now for you. For example, let’s just say you miraculously made that device 3 minutes after the Big Bang. That means that whatever time line you chose to go to, it would also be three minutes after the Big Bang. Nothing more, nothing less.