Is this the Loch Ness Monster?

Well my theory is that it is some evovled descendant of the dinosaurs that roamed the deep. I do feel that it is something that is unknown possibly a new species of sorts. If you think about it we really know very little about all the bodies of water that we have. we have barely scratched the surface. And new species and species to have gone extinct are being found. These are my opinions on the subject. Love and Light Vamp1r3Goddess

Peregrini

Rosco..Jones;
I have my hypothesis on these creatures.
1. They must be cold blooded. This means a slower metabolism.
2. They all seem to live in cold, deep waters. Helps maintain a slow metabolism.
3. A single creature with the above traits could possibly be hundreds of years old and, like a snake, require few and spaced out feedings. A stable population would be maintained simply by their longevity. Perhaps they only breed when it is necessary. There are several species in existence now that do this. Some amphibians, salamanders and toads, or maybe by asexual reproduction that only occurs near it's last years. It may have a way of knowing the end is near.
At least, these are my "somewhat qualified" opinions.

Justinian

Also realize that up until modern times, people didn't just go to the beach to have a blast. People only went to fish. So some of these outlying lakes might never have had a continuous population to keep an eye out for these things.